Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position is typically an entry level position and normally filled by a candidate that is new to the industry and/or a recent college graduate. This position is responsible for assisting in the creation of standard estimates around building automation and security solutions, typically starting at less than $100K, which provide material costs, associated labor, initial budget, and assistance in final review of project with supervision. He or she will interpret plans, specifications, and develop solutions that maximize profitability and add value for the customer while adhering to the company's quality processes.
This role works under direct supervision of the Pre-Construction Manager to create custom scopes of work to meet customer requirements.
May travel with Sales Representatives to learn effective sales techniques as well as job shadowing with Engineering and Technical functions. In addition to attending various meetings throughout project, including hand-off and design review. What do you get to do in this position?
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Prioritize assigned projects in order to meet sales schedule
- Review customer specifications/drawings to ensure quote is technically compatible and competitive
- Understand, analyze, document, and communicate technical terms and conditions relative to the company standard
- Maintain subcontractor and vendor relationships and work with existing eSubs
- Coordinate and verify subcontractor quotations and scopes of work
- Develop detailed scope letters and optimal system designs
- Attends and supports sales calls, pre-bid meetings, and site walk-throughs for potential projects
- Partner with Pre-Construction Tender Senior to negotiate with subcontractors in order to strengthen chances of project award
- Consult with Operations, Engineering and Sales groups throughout the estimation process and share value engineering ideas with the team to lower costs
- Generate preliminary construction schedule as required
- Reconcile final job costs
- Turnover the project to the Operations team effectively. Identify and document discrepancies in plans and specs
- Support Senior Estimators in vendor scopes, pricing, and running reports. Job shadow and cross-train as needed
- Complete required technical training in order to increase proficiency in the above activities
- Other duties as requested
- Four (4) year college degree required or equivalent work experience
- 0-2 years of experience
- Knowledge of general contract, subcontract documents, drawings, and specifications desirable
- Must have good interpersonal and teamwork skills and ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Should be proficient with computer applications required to perform responsibilities
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.