Seminis, a Vegetable division of Monsanto, is currently seeking a sales representative to join our Commercial sales team. The Sales Representative is an integral part of a dynamic sales team with the world's largest developer, grower and marketer of vegetable seeds.
The primary responsibilities are to manage sales to assigned dealers and grower customers in the Salinas Valley (CA.) working out of the Salinas office. This includes assisting dealers in annual and quarterly orders, setting annual targets, monitoring dealer performance and incentives, maintaining short and long term sales forecasts and tracking and fulfilling orders with Customer Operations. Sales responsibility also includes gathering information on changing market needs and communicating needs to Seminis product teams. In this role you will also work closely with Technology
Development and Research & Development to identify and commercialize new hybrids, promote the Seminis product line to dealers, growers, shippers and processors, and use technical knowledge and good interpersonal skills to develop successful working relationships.
Monsanto is the largest developer, grower and marketer of fruit and vegetable seeds in the world. We lead the development of hybrids that improve nutrition, boost crop yields, limit spoilage and reduce the need of chemicals. Research is the heart of Monsanto and its future as we are committed to consistently introducing innovative products for our customers. It's amazing to consider that improving human health, promoting environmental stewardship and fostering greater economic growth for the agricultural community can all start with something as small as a seed.
- Bachelor's Degree in an Agriculture-related field
- 3+ years of experience in Ag-business; seed, produce, processing or related field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Commitment to accuracy, especially in regard to managing the warehouse seed inventory
- Willingness to travel extensively in-state; occasional regional and national travel
- Must pass a substance abuse test and background and driving record checks
- Knowledge of US vegetable markets
- Knowledge of safe forklift operation
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.