SimplexGrinnell LP (SG), a division of Johnson Controls, is a recognized leader in state-of-the-art monitor and control systems for fire alarm, integrated security, Healthcare Communications (Nurse Call, Mobility, and RTLS solutions), suppression, and sprinkler systems. Job Description:
This position is for a Sales Specialist for the Southern California Region that includes the following markets: Los Angeles Metro (including Ventura and Inland Empire), San Diego and Central Coast .
You will drive sales of SG's nurse call products (Ascom Nurse Call, Ascom Mobility solutions, and various RTLS/patient flow solutions), as well as support the sales of our legacy product line (EZCare Vital Touch) where appropriate. Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, you will provide strategic leadership while working with District office Solution Sales teams. The position requires the ability to assimilate and deliver multi-layer solutions as it relates to nursing efficiency and patient safety.
The best candidate will utilize expert sales skills, strong organizational skills and advanced understanding of the healthcare provider environment to promote our new solutions to healthcare organizations in your assigned territory. You will collaborate with and leverage the SG sales teams, while getting support from key vendors & internal support teams to identify sales prospects early in the sales cycle in order to influence of the selection criteria.
The best candidate must understand and apply knowledge of the pertinent health care industry trends, sales trends, market dynamics, competitors, applicable regulations, Affordable Care Act environment and analyze each of these factors in the development of actionable business plans and in daily execution of sales prospecting calls.
The best candidate must demonstrate being a self-starter who can develop a plan to involve SG in all near term & long-term purchase opportunities in the assigned territory. The best candidate must demonstrate the ability to convince hospital administration (nursing, Info Systems, consultants) that SG is worthy of inclusion in the purchase process. We require excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and the ability to present complex topic-solutions to groups with confidence. Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Generate new sales embracing solutions selling techniques while influencing multiple decision makers (nursing/admin./I.T./consultants). Candidate must understand product functionality and the related customer needs and then propose an action plan to the prospect based on those findings.
- In parallel with prospecting activity, create an inventory by facility documenting the stage of life cycle for each product installation. Use this ongoing analysis to create an overall market plan for the territory, projecting opportunity for sales growth.
- Demonstrate an effective understanding of competition (manufacturer and distributor) in the territory.
- Draw on resources from District sales in other SG product lines sold to healthcare. Network with all disciplines that interface with healthcare to share contact information to enhance prospecting.
- Perform sales prospecting activities for SG product lines. This includes prospecting within the existing customer accounts and non-customer. Train and encourage lead generation from local SG personnel that interface with hospitals (PMA/ESSR/Service) to be alert for new opportunities.
- Individually and with BDM's and other Sales Specialists, actively review, rate and improve customer presentation methods to reflect the best SG value proposition.
- Creativity is necessary to help identify sales opportunities, must work well independently and take charge of situations.
- Convert hospital beds/units to SG nurse call products by utilizing a consultative sales approach and leadership in competitive situations. Be comfortable selling to nurses, hospital administration up to the C-level. Exceed a sales target for the product group. Organize cross functional resources on larger deals.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of the key competitor offerings. Regular monitoring of construction activity that impacts product category is expected. Network in the specification and consultant community for activity that require our product line.
- Continuously assess the customer & competitive hosp base to identify new business opportunities. Develop a targeted sales strategy for each identified opportunity and proactively ensure all leads are followed up on promptly. Share and learn ideas from other Sales Specialists to improve whole group performance.
- Focus on early involvement in hospital buying situations to influence purchase criteria.
- Partner with corresponding Fire & Security sales teams to maximize territory performance. Develop and execute a sales call plan that optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers.
- Consistently enhance clinical knowledge as applies to nurse call and further impact of Affordable Care Act and Joint Commission on our business
A strong customer focus and analytical skills to identify and prioritize business opportunities is required. A proven track record in delivering results and developing innovative approaches in selling is desired. Previous new product or concept launch experience desired. Ability to effectively communicate technical product to a variety of customers in multiple settings using Solution Sales Tactics is required. Aptitude to learn and understand new technologies and efficiently interpret how those technologies can positively impact various user/buyer concerns is a requirement. Candidate should demonstrate a working knowledge of the difference between feature selling and solution selling.
- Experience with solutions selling process, effective planning/organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent presentation skills for large and small groups
- At least five (5) years of sales experience in the healthcare field
- Experience selling to nursing & senior-level administration is desirable
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication and follow up skills required
- Must have strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Travel required up to 50% of the time
- Direct nursing experience (RN, LPN, etc.) may be substituted in lieu of some of the other requirements
Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. SimplexGrinnell offers excellent compensation and benefits program, including educational assistance, and matching 401(k) plan. For more information on SimplexGrinnell, please review our home page at: www.simplexgrinnell.com .
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.