Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Healthcare Sales Specialist based in Davenport, IA! Area of coverage will include: Dubuque, Davenport, Burlington, Keokuk, Mason City, Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Fairfield & Ottumwa. Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward? Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States. Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Sales Specialist - Healthcare sells medical gases, products, and services to medical establishments within a specific geographic area serving as a subject matter expert to both internal and external customers. The Sales Specialist is responsible for developing and executing regional company specific medical gas marketing plans and acting as a support resource for the regional company. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. Required Education:
- Responsible for increasing sales and profit margins by presenting the company's various medical product lines to new prospects and existing customers by both explaining & demonstrating Airgas's products and services further emphasizing the benefits matched to customer need.
- Develops and implements customer specific marketing plans bystudying the type of product and volume used by customers/prospects depending on industry or trade factor.
- Prepares sales proposals and contracts by quoting pricing, credit terms, estimated date of delivery based on knowledge of Airgas's production and delivery schedules.
- Acts as a resource for other Airgas sales professionals in developing and maintaining medical sales within their customer base by providing product and industry training, making customer presentations and recommendations.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing memos/reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Keeps management informed by maintaining and submitting activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required.
- Recommends changes in products, service and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments and discussions with vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional sales specific experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 3 years of prior solution driven sales experience preferably within the industrial and specialty medical gas field.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Demonstrated relationship management & consultative selling aptitude with the ability to problem-solve and devise solutions for the customer.
- Ability to target accounts and achieve results through an action plan.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles both within Airgas and outside the organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of financial accounting terms and principals including margin, profit, cost, and rate of return.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to include the ability to multi-task and effectively manage projects in a diverse organization.
- Strong computer skill to include proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) as well as a working knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with effective organizational/time-management skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The characteristics listed below are representative of the work environment typically encountered by an individual while performing the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. Stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing or reaching may also be required on a regular frequency.
- Employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires frequent use of a computer and telephone.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time in an automobile.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving office/production machine parts.
- Frequent regional travel (up to 60% of work time).
- Minimal overnight travel.
- Reliable transportation, current driver's license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Job requires visitation to various Airgas and customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility. Environment may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for an extended period of time or on a continual basis.
T he above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all-inclusive or to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility nor does it imply an employment agreement.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.