Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The individual is responsible for developing and growing sales with the Aesculap Surgical Endoscopy line within an assigned market place. Responsibilities: Essential Duties:
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Directly responsible for selling strategic products into strategic accounts within the assigned geographic region
- Coordinates and performs product evaluations of existing and in-development products.
- Develops surgeon and key opinion leader relationships in conjunction with Product Management
- Develop sales objectives and customer targeting plans for strategic products within the assigned geographic region. Submits a monthly report that identifies all opportunities being pursued in the geographic region of responsibility. The report will be broken down by account and product.
- Supports the Endoscopic product line in surgery. Also in services and demonstrates to nursing management, sterile supply personnel and surgeons as scheduled.
- Works with Product Management to develop quality education/in-service materials.
- Maintains an accurate record of sales to pending accounts, surgeons, and other key people.
- Assists at Aesculap Academy courses and convention workshops as required.
- Participates in trade shows and convention activities as required.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Uses professional skills in accordance with company objectives to establish proficiency in the use of all assigned Aesculap Focus Products. Creativity, problem solving, situational analysis, communication, and sales abilities are required to achieve goals.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car when needed, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued drivers license and passport.
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to provide all necessary & required information for hospital verification programs
- Computer skills in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel, and Power Point desirable.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability: Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelors degree in Biological/Physiological Sciences or Business/Marketing.
- At least 2 years previous sales experience within operating room or similar clinical environment.
- Experience in laparoscopic instrumentation sales, endo-mechanical instrument sales, advanced energy device sales and experience selling innovative new products into a highly competitive environment.
- Experience taking product from surgeon interest through the Value Analysis Committee process to the point of approval, hospital stocking and surgeon procedural adoption.
- Possess laparoscopic surgeon relationships; preferably with General Surgeons, Gynecological Surgeons and Urologists
- Sales achiever who can be an individual contributor and a sales leader
- Advanced degree and/or clinical specialist certification.
- Expertise in laparoscopic or bariatric surgery and related product know-how; experience with a major endomechanical provider preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.