Your tasks and responsibilities
The primary responsibilities of this role, Sales Specialist, are to:
Who you are
- Develop sales strategies for assigned customers and potential customers;
- Communicate customer requirements to proper internal personnel;
- Call on existing and potential customers to sell Bayer products and present recommendations on product introduction;
- Participate in local organizations to maintain awareness of industry issues;
- Gather, assimilate and analyze market and competitive information;
- Achieve or exceed budgeted sales volume for assigned area;
- Develop and update annual sales forecast;
- Assist in formulation and implementation of long and short-term strategic sales plans for accounts within assigned area;
- Formulate and recommend strategies for achieving long and short business plans for key accounts and assigned area;
- Participate in industry trade shows;
- Assist in establishment and maintenance of travel/entertainment budget.
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Possesses advanced understanding of sales/marketing techniques and knowledge of the assigned products, markets and customer base;
- Good organizational and planning skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) required;
- Must possess advanced persuasive abilities and negotiation skills in order to influence current and potential customers to Bayer products;
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 or more years of proven sales experience OR H.S. Diploma or equivalent with 13 years of sales experience.
Domestic relocation may be available.Your application
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below. Country:
United States Location:
Residence Based, OH-Toledo, OH-Akron, OH-Cincinnati, OH-Lebanon, OH-Dayton, OH-Reynoldsburg, OH-Columbus, OH-Cleveland, OH-Hamilton
A little about us:
Why Bayer? Because we’re a pioneer in the fields of human, animal, and plant health. Because we invent solutions that will create a sustainable future for our planet. Because a career with Bayer means you can put your passion into practice and make an impact.