Increase profitable sales of safety equipment to a specific account base or geographic territory, through own efforts and in coordination with other sales representatives and account manager. Will also act as a resource in safety sales for others within the company. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represents company product line to prospects and existing local and national customers. Explains products to customers matching customers' needs with the appropriate products. Quotes prices and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained. Estimates delivery date to customer based on knowledge of production and delivery schedules.
- Demonstrates products and services and explains features of each product and service. Emphasizes benefits of Airgas products and services to potential customers.
- Increases sales and margin profit through penetration to assigned accounts and by closing new accounts.
- Acts as a resource for other sales representatives in developing and maintaining safety product sales within their customer base by assisting them with customer sales calls and providing product and industry training, making appropriate recommendations and presentations. Answers customer inquiries and satisfactorily resolves customer complaints.
- Reports any problems or required maintenance on any installed piece of equipment to supervisor.
- Prepares required reports and keeps expense accounts.
- Keeps current with industry technical knowledge.
- Provides Training at Branch Level to enhance sales and growth.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by State, Federal, and the Company.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of experience and/or training. Requires a minimum of five years safety-related sales experience, proficiency with entering data into a computer and 15-35% overnight travel. LANGUAGE SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to customer, top management or public groups. Ability to prepare effective sales proposals. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Computer literate. REASONING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
Valid driver's license. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to walk and sit. The associate is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate a 10 key calculator or computer; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.