Sales Specialist - SYRACUSE, NY
Company: Shire plc
Location: New York, New York
Posted: November 04, 2017
Reference ID: R0014859
The Sr. Sales Specialist/Representative will promote approved products in the assigned therapeutic area portfolio to prescribing HCPs in assigned territory
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with target HCPs.
• Deliver MLR approved, education-focused messages, as well as the assigned therapeutic area disease-state information to target HCPs. Business Planning/Execution 100%
• Enhance HCP awareness of Shire products clinical data, safety & efficacy.
• Equip HCPs with appropriate tools to facilitate a robust conversation, enabling them to teach their patients about the assigned therapeutic area.
• Build HCP knowledge and confidence in identifying treatment gaps in all domains.
• Increase awareness of the assigned therapeutic area, and help HCP identify treatment gaps in diagnosed patients.
• Expected to achieve call activity and adherence targets; as well as financial goals for assigned territory
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a scientific field.
• Two or more years of pharmaceutical sales experience or equivalent are required.
• Two or more years of specialty pharmaceutical experience or equivalent required, preferably in the assigned therapeutic area.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions and commercial managed care; experience selling within healthcare institutions preferred.