Sales Specialist – TIGI – Tennessee
TIGI is actively seeking a Sales Specialist to join our dynamic sales team. The territory that the Sales Specialist will represent is the State of Tennessee. The Sales Specialist will become not only a passionate hair care expert, but a valuable business consultant whose analysis, judgment and knowledge of the consumer and industry dynamic makes for a valuable partner to our retail customers. In order to represent the TIGI brand, the Sales Specialist must have strong analytical and quantitative skills, salon management experience, negotiation skills, team leadership, strategic thought process, and coaching skills. The Sales Specialists’ presence will exude “Tiginess” as they understand that interaction and appearance is a key sales element in the customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the company goals and strategies to salon professionals and co-workers to build relationships and increase sales revenue through positive interaction and teamwork.
- Achieve assigned quantitative and qualitative sales goals and brand building measures.
- Build outstanding relationships with store managers and owners by providing expert hair care consumer insights and advice through the development of individual business plans.
- Identify and execute business-building initiatives needed to accomplish short and long-term goals set forth by corporate goals and localized needs.
- Lead, manage, and execute key activities that grow market share, sales, and profitability within our local go-to-market strategy.
- Achieve and exceed brand objectives, sales goals, and benchmarks established by global and America’s objectives.
- Consistently demonstrate the application of company values in all business interactions.
- Weekly and monthly distributor store visits.
- Monthly and quarterly distributor sales meetings.
- Develop Top 20 salon customer base by weekly/bi-weekly salon visits providing communication, products, brands, and educational and marketing planning to drive clear results in salon growth.
- Responsible for working a minimum of five days each week with all sales functional support roles to include: Sales Management, Customer Service, Marketing, Public Relations, and Education to achieve forecasted growth goals.
- Develop the needed relationships with the localized consultants, stores, and salons to activate local activities, goals, and market objectives.
- Conduct and train salon meetings on company initiatives, localized goals, product innovation, and revenue building programs, while creating education and marketing calendars to secure activation.
- Analysis of market sales data with creation of new promotional strategies and concept for market execution.
- Salon evaluation to support and develop market and individual salon business plan development.
- Effective ability to manage all salon account activities while coaching and developing strong partnerships with all salon customers resulting in achievement of monthly sales goals.
- Manage various sales and educational meetings in a positive, informative, and motivational fashion to excite business partners to sell and represent our brand offerings.
- Daily, weekly and monthly written sales reporting.
- CRM system daily reporting.
- Constant communication to direct supervisor surrounding goals, objectives, results, and opportunities.
- Recommend changes in products and services to existing customers.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Maintain professional and technological knowledge of cutting edge technology.
- Attend all corporate and local meetings and trainings.
- Direct interaction with professional hair salon operations such as salon owners, administrators, and hairdressers.
- Interact with company business partners at all levels.
- Interact with company support functions such as Customer Service and Channel Marketing.
- Interact with distributors.
- Lead and assist contract labor against education objectives.
- High school diploma, or, GED equivalent. College degree is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of sales and marketing experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the professional salon business or related channel.
- Proven record of sales drive, sales initiative, and sales ambition; aggressiveness.
- Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication skills, customer service skills, and negotiating abilities.
- Proven ability to meet sales quotas and manage the entire sales life cycle from lead generation to close.
- Must be willing and able to travel within assigned territory.
- Microsoft Office Proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to build a network with key decision makers.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a strong sales pipeline.
- Leadership ability and a willingness to take responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to operate in an aggressive, competitive environment, and to provide innovative approaches for desired results.
- Execute sales by prospecting, qualifying leads, providing product demonstrations.
- Value integrity, personal responsibility and possess a goal-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passion for winning.
- Honesty, integrity, trustworthiness and dependability.
- Ability to use various methods to influence others; high self-awareness and high social awareness.
- Orientation to Action.
- Flexibility and ability to embrace change.
- Identify new opportunities for business with both existing and new clients.
- Prepare and deliver presentations, proposals and price quotations.
- Ability to function independently.
- Technical aptitude and being computer literate.
- Strong time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to lift materials and products up to thirty pounds.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to drive as part of the daily salon visit route or use other methods of transportation to make daily salon visits.
- Exposure to atmospheric conditions (extreme weather, hot/cold, humidity, etc.).
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please Note: As part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.