The Sr. Sales Specialist/Representative will promote approved products in the assigned therapeutic area portfolio to prescribing HCPs in assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with target HCPs.
- Deliver MLR approved, education-focused messages, as well as the assigned therapeutic area disease-state information to target HCPs.
- Business Planning/Execution 100%
- Enhance HCP awareness of Shire products clinical data, safety & efficacy.
- Equip HCPs with appropriate tools to facilitate a robust conversation, enabling them to teach their patients about the assigned therapeutic area.
- Build HCP knowledge and confidence in identifying treatment gaps in all domains.
- Increase awareness of the assigned therapeutic area, and help HCP identify treatment gaps in diagnosed patients.
- Expected to achieve call activity and adherence targets; as well as financial goals for assigned territory.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a scientific field.
- Two or more years of pharmaceutical sales experience or equivalent are required.
- Two or more years of specialty pharmaceutical experience or equivalent required, preferably in the assigned therapeutic area.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of healthcare institutions and commercial managed care; experience selling within healthcare institutions preferred.
- Eye care/Ophthalmology experience preferred
Builds and Leverages Relationships
Partner with internal and external stakeholders to share knowledge and influence outcomes
- The Senior Sales Specialist/Representative creates networks with customers and colleagues in own area of expertise.
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Leverage critical data and build business plans to drive performance
- The Senior Sales Specialist/Representative collaborates with manager to create territory plan; has general knowledge of industry practices and how it affects impacted customers at Shire; influences HCPs.
- Applies Selling Skills
- Articulate a customized customer value proposition and influence key decision makers
- The Senior Sales Specialist/Representative uses the current selling model- exercises judgment within defined procedures.
- Drives Results and Execution
- Set challenging objectives and raise the bar on performance to achieve results
- The Senior Sales Specialist/Representative seeks guidance and mentorship - works under very general supervision.
- Supporting the Regulatory Environment
- Ensuring business is conducted within appropriate medical, legal, regulatory and compliance guidelines; ensuring the utmost integrity in all business dealing.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.