The Field Sales Strategy Manager is responsible for leading the Sales and Marketing agenda in the Regional GMA which includes PBC, Independent Bottlers and Field Sales Force in their efforts to deliver on strategic objectives.
This role will oversee all go-to-market communication, and the execution of the national/regional marketing activity within designated GMA markets. Serving as the primary contact for all regional bottler and FBU personnel, this position is responsible for education and providing support and direction that will drive volume growth across respective GMAs. The Field Sales Strategy Manager will also be the primary sales contact responsible for supporting large regional Sales Calls as the Gatorade Expert, distribution tracking, store merchandising/ execution auditing, KPIs and delivery of Base Liquid and Innovation AOP. Accountabilities:
AOP and Business Results Leadership (EDUCATION & COMMUNICATION)
Leverage marketing agenda to deliver volume, NOPBT, Share & Net Revenue Plans for the markets. Drive understanding of Gatorade mission, vision & objectives and role of Prime & Recover among constituents (PBC, IB, C&G Retailers, FSV operators,)
Customer - Specific Promotional Execution (LOCALIZATION)
Oversee implementation of all shopper initiatives executed in the market:
- Drive impactful shopper programs that have scale, are repeatable, & improve efficiency and effectiveness in market.
- Localize and optimize brand and package innovation
- Leverage sports properties and national promotions to develop account-specific promotions with Convenience store chain customers.
- Manage all agency touch-points with respect to program briefing, concept development, and execution
Business Management (BUSINESS MANAGEMENT)
Regularly attend bottler meetings to secure alignment on national, regional and local initiatives. Travel throughout respective GMA markets to meet with bottlers and conduct market tours to ensure alignment and compliance. Take lead on all interactions with PBC - act as conduit for all communication on New Items, Marketing Programs and Brand Initiatives with Chicago sales strategy team.
- Localize the playbook - Translate national AOP to lead local activations; voice of the field to Chicago
- Build and execute against plans to Identify and address distribution gaps; Gain alignment to close gaps
- Audit warehouse inventory management
- Route Rides to measure & guide merchandising effectiveness
- Manage & deliver KPIs
Special Projects (BUSINESS MANAGEMENT)
Develops special promotions/plans that may relate directly to Division or Brand needs, which come about outside of the normal planning process. (Innovation; Answer competitive launches; Customer needs; etc.)
**Location is flexible**
Position may sit in Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA or Charlotte, NCQualifications/Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years related experience, CPG industry strongly preferred (but not required)
- Beverage DSD experience beneficial
- Strong Analytical and presentation skills
- Technical Skills: Excel and PowerPoint proficient, database knowledge a plus, strong knowledge of IRI/Nielsen syndicated data and Consumer Panel Information
- Attention to Detail, Focus on Accuracy
- Ability to present ideas and concepts to groups of varying seniority and levels within an organization; ability to contribute in a cross-functional team environment.
Not Eligible for Relocation