Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Based in Newark, NJ, Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company (PCEC) is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions including products from 4K Smart TVs, Entertainment products, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Appliances, Cordless Phones, Beauty and Grooming products and more. In Interbrand’s 2013 Annual “Best Global Green Brands” report, the Panasonic brand ranked number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report.
Currently, PCEC has an immediate opening available for a Sales Support Representative-Photography, Cinematography, Videography (Ohio, Indiana, Chicago and Detroit areas)
What You’ll Get to Do:
Retail store visits
- Develop strong professional relationships with store management and retail associates.
- Convey business value through knowledge, expertise, and support.
- Convey professionalism through communication, appearance and social skills.
- Develop store rotation schedule based on assigned territory and key / strategic accounts within the territory. Be flexible in adjusting rotation to account for time sensitive special requests and directives from management and product departments.
- Conduct weekly, bi-weekly, monthly or quarterly store visits based on rotation schedule and number of store fronts. (Overnight Travel and some weekend work required.)
- During territory rotation, prospect for new accounts to secure for the Sales Team. (All categories with special emphasis on Technics, Imaging, and others as emphasis is directed by management).
- Review new models and new technologies with sales associates. Differentiate Panasonic technology and product from competition by effective communication of product message and value.
- Identify and promote symbiotic PCEC products; cross category; to enhance overall consumer value and experience. (Display, Adventure, Imaging, Phones, Appliances, Personal Care).
- Review current and upcoming ads, promotions and opportunities with sales associates.
- Anticipate and identify store associate knowledge gaps.
- Plan and conduct formal and informal training sessions with store personnel to ensure store personnel are well versed in PCEC products and promotions.
- Ensure product display execution for all categories, or strategic categories as time is allotted.
- Work with store teams to ensure models are displayed and functioning correctly.
- Ensure POP materials, tags, rebates or other promotional items are placed and current.
- With store management identify opportunities to increase sales through store and show events.
- Participate in national and regional shows such as CES, Housewares Show and NAB.
- Participate in special events identified by management and product departments such as Technics events and Imaging shows with weekend work anticipated.
- Gather competitive model or trend information and report findings to management.
- Support strategies and plans such as product audits and assisted selling as directed by Sales and Product & Marketing teams.
- Report and follow-up on any store issues such as inventory, non compliance of display or other issues with store management and the PCEC account team. Administrative Responsibilities and System Proficiencies
- Report retail, competitive and product technology information completely, concisely and in a timely fashion as specified by management.
- Escalate store retail concerns and issues expeditiously to account team and management.
- Complete required administrative and reporting activities accurately and as specified in guidelines or by management.
- Develop proficiency in required Panasonic application systems such as Store Reporting, Panasonic CyberScholar Training, Expense reporting.
- Maintain and increase proficiency in commonly used technologies and software such as email, the internet, Microsoft office suite; Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
Sales and Product Knowledge: (education, experience and other knowledge requirements)
- Develops and maintains knowledge and skill level necessary to effectively articulate PCEC and product advantage to accounts.
- Ability to drive high levels of store satisfaction through support, communication and responsiveness.
- Develop consumer electronics product knowledge - keep up on all trends.
- Develop and maintain strong computer and computer application skills.
Territory Management: (address issues, requirements of territory, creativity and problem solving skills required)
- Manage territory responsibilities to maximize relationships with sales associate on the retail floor. Follow through on corrective action needed quickly and on a timely basis.
- Able to prioritize tasks and training, judging importance of event when presented with conflict and flexible to change schedule when time sensitive directives are required.
- Able to distinguish and communicate what store associates need to know to sell product without overwhelming them with extraneous information.
- Recognizes and analyzes problems and possible causes, takes appropriate action to resolve.
- Timely reporting of store visits; call reports; competitive information; preparation for promotional activities; internal administrative responsibilities (call reports, expense reports, e-mail, etc) #
What You’ll Bring:
Education & Experience
- 1-2 years sales experience, consumer electronics experience preferred.
- College education preferred.
- Base level knowledge and experience with business computer and application systems including email, internet and Microsoft office suite products.
- Knowledge of video editing software (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Vegas etc.) and photo editing software (Photoshop, Paintshop, Lightroom) is a plus. Competencies
- Able to multi-task. Able to meet challenging deadlines and have good attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self motivating. Effectively manages time based on priorities.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of tools and systems necessary to complete business and account management activities.
- Is a positive influence and projects a positive image of Panasonic with retail store personnel.
- Cope with stresses and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Adaptable and flexible to work environment including, but not limited to, working overtime, as business needs may require, handling multiple tasks concurrently, and easily adapting to new assignments, systems, tools.
- Assume ownership of assignments, completing commitments on time.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.