You'll Find It With Us!
Airgas USA, LLC, through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and hardgoods, such as welding equipment and related products.
Airgas is a leading U.S. producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals.
More than 17,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers.
Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base. The Northern California & Nevada (NCN) Region of Airgas USA, LLC., is seeking a Sales Support Specialist to join our Sacramento, CA team. Job Description:
This position's primary objective is to provide support to the outside sales team. The position acts as the liaison between the Account Manager, Accounts Receivable, Customer Service, Administration, Branch Locations, and Operations.
The main objective for the position is to submit all contracted pricing, timely and effective research/resolution on billing issues and submission of quotes. This person promotes effective communication channels with both field and home office staff to facilitate efficient day-to-day execution of job responsibilities.
The Sales Support Specialist places customer orders as requested by the assigned Account Manager and assists the Account Manager in selecting the proper gases/tools/safety equipment required by our customers. This position supports 4 to 5 Account Managers. Essential Functions:
- Communicates daily via e-mail and/or phone with Account Managers on quotes, order statuses, deliveries, back orders, and issues pending.
- Provides assigned team any lead opportunities.
- Responds to and resolves customer complaints by deploying the necessary company resources.
- Submits contract pricing and obtains approvals as needed.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of MS Excel and can easily use Pivot Tables and Vlookups.
- Sets up appropriate stock level as requested by Sales Representatives and communicates to the proper store location.
- Creates quotations based upon the input of Sales Representatives; works with the sales team by preparing effective sales quotes and proposals to prospective customers.
- Assists Accounts Receivable with problem invoices; researches and gathers supporting documentation and submits corrections as required.
- Completes customer follow-up on quotes, inquiries, order statuses (expedite orders), deliveries, and issues resolved.
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive attitude with all Airgas associates, customers, vendors, and other Airgas businesses.
- Customizes fax orders forms with part numbers, account numbers, custom descriptions, pricing, contact information, and other requests.
- Provides backup during periods of personnel shortages and increased workloads, as appropriate.
- Utilizes the CC Tool to submit any changes to an account and to set up new accounts.
- Researches product and application information for customers as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3-4 years of hands-on sales experience.
- Computer skills with comprehensive knowledge of the SAP order entry process.
- Customer service experience.
- Creative and analytical thinker.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Understanding of branch-based industrial supply distribution system with a gas, welding, and safety emphasis.
- Ability to demonstrate full knowledge of all order-entry, data research, and other computer skills.
- PC skills with working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook; MS Excel skills must be at an advanced level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to occasionally lift 25-50 lbs.
- Prolonged sitting, up to (8) hours per day; occasional walking and bending.
- Prolonged viewing of computer screens and using computer keyboard (up to 10 hours per day).
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Must be able to work flexible hours to meets customers' need and management expectations.
- Must be able to work with all levels of management in the Airgas Regional Companies.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).Qualifications:
- Accounts receivable, sales, sales support, and administrative/data entry experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.