Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now HiringSales Support Specialist in Carson, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Sales Support Specialist!
As the leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products-but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations-branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers-chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! JOB SUMMARY:
The primary objective of this position is to provide a superior level of support to the outside sales force. This position will act as the liaison for the sales representatives and other internal department, such as accounts receivable, customer service, operations and branch associates. The main focus of the position will be to submit quotes, track orders and deliveries, enter and update contracted pricing, provide timely research/resolution to customer issues and requests for information. This position will primarily support the Construction Sales Representatives. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintain a high level of customer service by assisting sales force via telephone, email, fax, or in person.
- Handle busy incoming telephone orders and email orders/inquires in a professional manner.
- Daily communication with sale force personnel regarding quotes, order status, deliveries, back orders and issues pending.
- Complete customer follow up on quotes, inquiries, order status (expedite orders), deliveries and issues resolved.
- Create quotations based upon sales reps input.
- Create and maintain customer files with proper documentation.
- Work with retail branch personnel to stock appropriate product levels as requested by sales representatives.
- Submit and update contract pricing, obtain approvals as needed.
- Assist accounts receivable with problem invoices, research and gather supporting documentation and submit corrections as required.
- Identify urgency of order and report to necessary departments.
- Communicate with the operations department customer's urgent need and stock on hand.
- Participate in warm phone sales to potentially new customers and obtaining leads for Sales Reps.
- Order and distribute sales and marketing related information.
- Accurately complete all daily, weekly, monthly paperwork on a timely basis.
- Assist sales in managing equipment/field assets. This includes tracking and documentation.
- May be called on to help coordinate activities and events as required for both internal and external events and meetings.
- Adhere to all company policies and safety procedures and guidelines.
- Work designated or voluntary overtime as required (may include weekends).
- Attend weekly departmental meetings and safety training as required.
- Ensure proper and full time use of PPE.
- Lead and promote safety, attend safety meetings, and strictly observe safety rules.
- Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately and investigated promptly.
- Participate in special projects relating to pricing, inventory, sales to align the needs of the customer with the direction and policy of Airgas.
- Utilize product knowledge and vendor trainings to present new products to customers to increase their awareness of our market segments.
- Perform as a backup for other employees during vacations and other periods of personnel shortage.
- Other duties and or responsibilities as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must lead within the Airgas culture - putting safety first.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 3 years related work experience.
- College degree in business or marketing filed desired.
- 5 years current telesales/customer service experience handling busy phones.
- Experience in administrative position supporting a sales staff is preferred.
- Knowledge of welding, industrial gases and safety equipment applications desired.
- Ability to write correspondence and routine reports.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Strong organization skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work load in a fast paced environment.
- Able to interact in a professional manner within all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision and complete tasks independently.
- Maintain and improve technical product knowledge.
- Pre-employment drug screen, physical, background check and random drug testing applies.
COMMUNICATION and/or CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS:
- Current hands-on experience with SAP (or similar ERP) strongly desired.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Database programs).
- Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information.
- Must have strong skills in communications, planning, and time management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Possess solid math skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent's.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to Airgas branches.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the aforementioned knowledge, abilities, and skills may be considered at the company's discretion. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is medium. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to prolonged sitting up to 8 hours; well as talking and hearing. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Requires continuous hand and finger activities such as repetitive motion during use of office machines, computers and telephones. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate office setting. Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
"Great place to work with great growth potential" - Director, Atlanta
"Opportunity to advance and a great safety program" - Driver, Cheshire
"Fun people to work with and flexible management" - Sales Specialist
Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.