Praxair Distribution, Inc., a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Sales Support Specialist for our sales area in Santa Ana, CA.
The Sales Support Specialist will be part of the sales area outside sales team and will be responsible for performing support activities for General Sales Manager (GSM), the Territory Managers (TMs) and for the customers directly. The Sales Support Specialist’s key focus areas will be to provide account management assistance, new business development assistance (quote preparation, research, etc.) and support with various back-office functions such as A/R, cylinder balance issues and billing. The Sales Support Specialist will report to the sales region GSM and will work closely with each of the Territory Managers assigned to that GSM. Sales Support Specialist
- Performs internal and external sales support activities including account management support, quoting assistance, proposal development, back-office support, occasional order entry and key account customer service support.
- Works closely with and provides support to Outside Sales team
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate product, equipment, and/or programs for TMs and large key accounts
- Promotes 'add-on' sales of gases and high margin hard goods accessories for key accounts
- Conducts or participates in product demonstrations, new offering roll-outs
- Maintains customer records and files, including accurate account setup, management and pricing for key accounts
- Performs select cylinder audits at customer sites
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 2 year(s) of Customer Service/Inside Sales preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- General welding supplies knowledge a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ERP system fluency
- Strong written communication
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.