Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Sales Tax Specialist based at our location in Independence, OH! Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team, eager to drive our business forward? As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment! GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Division Sales Tax Specialist is responsible for supporting daily activities related to assuring customers are taxed properly, exemptions are properly documented, customer tax disputes are resolved and use tax is properly applied. RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Responsible for managing and prioritizing customer disputes for assigned region to ensure efficient and accurate resolution in a timely manner.
- Utilize research tools and critical thinking to determine the proper taxability of customers and transactions.
- Effectively communicate sales and use tax laws to both internal and external customers through research and interpretation of state regulations. This includes providing supporting documentation to internal/external customer.
- Review exemption certificates provided by customers in order to substantiate customer exemptions.
- Proactively interact with internal and external customers to reduce the amount of new disputes.
- Approve and process tax credit invoice requests for short pays on invoices due to sales taxes.
- Provide vendors with properly executed exemption certificates where applicable.
- Calculate liabilities for monthly and quarterly excise tax return filings.
- Through the use of vertex, build special instructions to provide customer specific exemptions.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- 1 year of experience working in an office environment.
- Prior sales tax experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as a demonstrated ability to utilize financial applications within ERP software (i.e. SAP, Oracle).
- Exhibits customer focused behavior such as building positive relationship. Understands customer's needs, both internal and external.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills with the ability to make recommendations based on investigation and judgment as well as ability to discern when to escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to adjust communication method based on customer situation.
- A positive approach and willingness to learn coupled with the ability to work in a team environment.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provided the aforementioned knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered at the discretion of Airgas USA, LLC.
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.