Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
We are seeking graduates from top universities to start a sales career in our Account Management - Sales Trainee Program. Training for this program will begin in February and July of 2018. Following success in the 6-9 month training program, trainees are assigned a role as an Otis Account Manager in one of the Western Region locations. They are then provided a portfolio of established customers in a defined geographic territory to manage. Candidates must be willing to relocate within the first year, following successful completion of the training program.
During the program trainees will have development opportunities that consist of classroom instruction as well as hands on learning. Trainees will shadow Account Managers, Field Supervisors, and Technicians to leverage business and industry knowledge as well as product training. Initially, candidates will perform product quality surveys of existing customers' elevator and escalator equipment; schedule necessary field resources to ensure customer satisfaction, based on survey results; identify benefits to customer as well as opportunities for company to upgrade and/or replace products involved; work to enhance current and develop new business relationships.
Successful Account Managers have the opportunity to be placed in a Management Development Program. This program provides training and resources to prepare associates for their next role as a leader. So if you're looking for an organization that promotes career growth, this is your opportunity and it's only the beginning!RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Servicing existing accounts to ensure retention of business
- Selling Otis products and/or services upgrades
- Developing and expanding the sales territory through cold calling and familiarity with local market conditions and competitor dynamics
- Providing technical support to current and prospective customers
- Monitoring and managing the collections of accounts
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, team members, and Otis management possessing the initiative and motivation to be successful in a demanding, technical environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication, and people skills are a plus
- Ideal candidates have business, liberal arts, or engineering degrees
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.