Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Midwest Region of Otis Elevator is seeking university graduates to start a sales career in our Account Management - Sales Trainee Program. Trainees will have development opportunities that consist of classroom instruction, as well as hands-on field learning.
You will shadow Account Managers, Field Supervisors, and Technicians to obtain business and industry knowledge as well as product training. Initially, trainees will perform product quality surveys of existing customers' elevator and escalator equipment; schedule necessary field resources to ensure customer satisfaction, based on survey results; identify benefits to the customer as well as opportunities for the company to upgrade and replace products involved; work to improve current and develop new business relationships. Following success in the 9-12 month training program, you will be assigned a role as an Otis Account Manager with a portfolio of established customers in a defined geographic territory. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Servicing existing accounts to ensure retention of business
- Selling Otis products and/or services upgrades
- Developing and expanding the sales territory through cold calling and familiarity with local market conditions and competitor dynamics
- Providing technical support to current and prospective customers
- Maintaining up-to-date technical knowledge of Otis products
- Monitoring and managing the collection of accounts.
Ideal candidates must have strong organizational, communication, project management, sales and leadership skills. Candidates must be willing to relocate within the Midwest region and possess a bachelor's degree, prior to start date. Successful candidates can interact effectively with customers, team members and Otis management and have the initiate and motivation to be successful in a demanding, technical environment. Working knowledge of Microsoft software applications and familiarity with mainframe computer platforms are desirable.
Positions are available throughout the Midwest which encompasses Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, and Kentucky. Candidates should be geographically mobile and location flexible to help ensure a fit can be made between individual preference and business necessity/requirements.
** Training location for this position will be in Grand Rapids, Michigan ** Qualification:
- Prior UTC/Otis internship a plus but not required
- Prior sales internship experience a plus but not required
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with customers, team members, and Otis management is essential for this role. You should have the initiative and motivation to be successful in a demanding, customer focused environment
- Must have a Bachelor's or advanced degree prior to start date
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.