Sales Trainee - RECENT GRAD
COMPANY & POSITION OVERVIEW:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
As a qualification for this position, the Sales Trainee must be geographically mobile and willing to relocate after the defined training period to one of the following 13 states - Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina. The trainee must successfully complete a 6 month accelerated training program focused on developing both professional selling skills and a working knowledge of our industry, our customers, and our products. The Trainee will develop the ability to sell all Airgas products to his/her customer base. Upon successful completion of the program, the Trainee will be placed in an Account Manager role and required to meet & exceed regional objectives for sales growth, profitability growth, and accounts receivable management within the assigned territory demanding challenges of an Account Manager position and.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Attend and successfully complete all training provided by Airgas in the development role
• Maintains focus on safety in the workplace by complying with company safety procedures and practices
• Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers
• Develop and execute plans to maintain and grow the existing customer base
• Establish and maintain clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other customer specific information
• Develop and execute plans to improve Airgas market share within the assigned sales territory
• Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers.
• Provide regular and on time submission of required sales and activity reports, including itineraries, call reports, "Hot" prospect lists, account wins and losses and other information as required
• Develop and maintain positive work habits that are conducive to sales and profitability growth
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree
• T echnical training in welding, gases and technical background in related industries is a plus
• Basic selling and negotiation skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Good organizational, time and territory management skills are required
• Goal oriented and self-motivated
• Strong leadership skills and analytical skills
• Proficient computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and personal vehicle with insurance
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate by reason of race, color, religion, sex/gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship status, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.