Sales Training Manager
SecureWorks Global Talent Development Team
SecureWorks is a global leader in providing intelligence-driven information security solutions. We play an important role, as no organization in the world is immune from cyberattacks and the nature of the attack is changing every day. Internet security is a problem that will never be solved. Unlike point products that address a specific technology issue, we attack the problem holistically by analyzing threat actor tactics, techniques and procedures, and develop solutions using best-of-breed technologies to protect our clients. We are one of the best in the world at understanding the threat.
In short, we give our clients an early warning capability. SecureWorks was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Atlanta, Ga., with offices in all the major security markets around the globe. We have more than 2,000 team members, and partner with more than 4,300 clients in 59 countries to keep the bad guys out of their networks. We’ve been consistently recognized by industry analysts, readers’ polls and as a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for managed security services, worldwide.
The Sales Training Manager Role on the Global Talent Development team is a high visibility position which significantly impacts our Global Sales, Marketing, Product Management and Security & Risk Consulting teams. The Sales Training Manager supports Revenue Growth initiatives including segmented tracks for Weekly New Hire Onboarding Programs, all Service Launches/Updates, all Systems/Process Launches/Updates and New Hire, Continuing Development & Sales Leadership Workshops & Programs. Responsible for performance consulting with Executives, Field Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product Management, SRC, HR and other internal clients; designing and project managing for assigned segments or work groups (e.g., Inside Sales, SMB/Mid-Market, Enterprise, Public Sector, Security/Sales Engineers, etc.) and content for both new hire and continuing development sales training – including complex, custom services/systems/skills, advanced sales skills, sales leadership, and/or tools/systems like Salesforce, etc. courses; virtual and classroom delivery; implementation and training subject matter experts (SMEs) in our train-the-trainer methodology; and measuring the impact of workshops and developing pre/post class measurement tools for the Sales teams. The position is located in Atlanta and requires an average of 20-30% domestic or international travel to prepare and deliver training workshops, attend Sales & Marketing events, etc.
There are 2 Sales Training Manager positions available –which will support different segments, work groups, service portfolios and/or systems and processes.
Performance Consulting/Instructional Design/Program & Project Management/Client Ownership (55%)
* Conduct performance consulting for assigned/owned clients (including but not limited to needs assessments, focus groups, surveys, etc.) with internal clients and/or partners to determine appropriate training solutions.
* Constantly analyze learning needs and partner with internal SMEs and clients to provide input for course content and/or design. Must possess the ability to translate business goals and objectives into realistic sales training curricula.
* Conduct formal project planning and management with eLearning Architects for assigned segments, work groups, service portfolios and/or systems and process program design. Experience in managing multiple projects and programs in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
* Design, develop and maintain training programs from conception to implementation. Develop training outlines, objectives, materials, assessments, role-plays, activities, job aids, tests, surveys, etc. for new hire sales, advanced sales and sales leadership training in all modalities including instructor-led, web-based (online) and web-based (virtual) ILT training ensuring all materials and programs are learner-focused, interactive, effective and user-friendly. Prepare lesson plans, easel charts, slides, other visuals, training guides, activity/game cards/handouts, and manuals relevant to sales training material.
* Research and source outside training resources and partner with outside vendors to develop new sales training programs as needed. Perform vendor management responsibilities related to special projects, curriculum development, and facilitation and/or scheduling of workshops.
* Partner with Sales Training Analyst on key administrative duties for training programs including assignment of courses, reporting, adhering to all budget guidelines, submitting all necessary reports, etc.
* Partner with eLearning Architect and Sales Training Analyst to provide program analysis and progress reports to SecureWorks Leadership Teams as appropriate.
Training Program Delivery (35%)
* Schedule, pull rosters from the LMS and deliver training sessions on new hire sales including services, systems and skills, advanced sales and/or sales leadership training based on your supported segments, work groups and services, skills and/or systems. Effectively manage pre and post class activities that promote optimal learning.
* Partner with printer on the specs, proofs, printing and fulfillment of all training materials not printed internally. Partner with Sales Training Analyst on all workshop logistics and preparation.
* Conduct sales training programs effectively through engaging the participants; facilitating purposeful group discussions; coaching them in role-plays and other activities as needed; providing constructive feedback throughout all classroom and web-based instruction; and utilizing excellent live and virtual classroom management skills. Serve as a master and lead trainer for programs developed and/or other available programs.
Measurement & Learning Effectiveness (10%)
* Measure the impact to the business using all levels of Kirkpatrick and Phillips methodology by analyzing course content relevancy/effectiveness, participants’ knowledge or skill attainment, instructor or modality effectiveness, the participants’ attainment to quota or sales performance/goals, and/or ROI to ensure the intended outcomes of the programs were achieved and adjust the programs accordingly.
* Evaluate and assess the effectiveness of key training initiatives through the use of online surveys, test scores, etc. through the LMS. Partner with Sales Training Analyst to gather manual and LMS reporting. Provide results and feedback to executives, management and other internal customers. Modify assigned programs based on clients’ needs, changing business initiatives and results of learning effectiveness reports.
As a managed security provider, SecureWorks expects its employees to understand and apply commonly known security practices and possess a working knowledge of applicable industry controls such as NIST 800-53. Employees will be expected to acknowledge their security responsibilities in writing prior to gaining access to company systems. Employees will be required to maintain a working knowledge of local security policies and execute general controls as assigned.
* Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Organization Development, Computer Science, Information Technology, etc. or related field or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 7 years of sales training design and delivery experience, distance learning tool expertise with WebEx, Adobe Connect and/or GoTo Training and extensive knowledge of adult learning theories and models necessary for curriculum development of sales and sales leadership training programs is required.
* B2B Sales including Inside Sales, SMB, Mid-Market, Account Management, Enterprise, Public, Security/Sales Engineering/Architects and/or work group experience in a managed IT, security and/or cloud industry is required.
* Requires excellent verbal, written and computer desktop publishing and graphic design skills in all Microsoft Office Services including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. and Adobe Acrobat Professional, SnagIt and other software as needed. Strong attention to detail and multi-tasking required.
* SalesForce.com and/or other CRM and Quote to Cash Sales Systems tool expertise required.
* Requires strong communication skills, influencing and negotiation skills, time management, organizational skills and flexibility to work on a small team.
* Position requires an average of 20-30% domestic or international travel to prepare and deliver training workshops, attend Sales & Marketing events, etc.
This role is located at the Atlanta, GA office.
SecureWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: SecureWorks is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SecureWorks are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. SecureWorks will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. SecureWorks encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Information Technology - Security Analysis*
**Organization:** **Security Solutions*
**Title:** *Sales Training Manager - SecureWorks*
**Requisition ID:** *160011OC*