Under the general guidance of the Director of Application Delivery Services, this position is responsible for the technical delivery of Salesforce.com at AmerisourceBergen.
In partnership with our Service Management organization, the position will lead software service delivery functions and support the platform strategies and roadmap as defined by service management and delivery leadership.
This role will also be responsible for technical leadership and oversight of resources in support of goals as well as the services, processes, and projects having varying complexity, priority, and sensitivity. Key Activities
- Works highly independently. Oversees the delivery teams and execution of departmental goals and objectives to support achievement of overall organizational strategic plan. Develops tactical plans and ensures all department responsibilities including goals and objectives, budget targets, and performance metrics are met. Ensure staff understand and remain focused on these goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for corporate and enterprise software systems with varied technical design and complexity. Leads teams focused on application development and support disciplines to deliver exceptional services to customers. May act as a primary customer relationship manager. Consults with customers as needed to assist in the creation of technical roadmaps and prioritization of projects and efforts to meet customer's objectives and goals.
- Prioritizes staff assignments and workflow to ensure efficient utilization of resources and completion of work. Monitors and maintains staffing levels appropriate to current and projected demand.
- Develops standards and policies based on industry practice, professional experience, and situational needs. Demonstrates continuous improvement mentality, supported through team culture.
- Leads project work of varying complexity and priority. Actively participates in, or leads, workgroups and meetings at the team, corporate or enterprise level.
- Conducts workforce planning for the department. Recognizes the full potential of employees and provides them with needed resources, experiences, and other support. Effectively delegates assignments to provide reasonable challenge and developmental opportunities for staff to strengthen depth and breadth of knowledge.
- Attracts, motivates, and retains strong performers. Screens candidates and makes selection based on evaluation and fit. Provides timely and effective coaching and feedback. Recommends salary increases, promotions, variable pay awards and disciplinary actions as warranted by performance.
- Identifies and understands broad, complex issues at the corporate or enterprise level and determines their impact. Confronts problems decisively, taking calculated actions and risks when appropriate.
- Demonstrates support for and ensures compliance with all corporate and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Celebrates successes and acts to positively influence team. Fosters a positive work environment.
- Stays abreast of the latest industry IT trends, technologies, processes, and standards.
- Represents the company's official position to outside parties.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Deep functional and technical knowledge of the Salesforce.com platform as well as experience delivering a minimum of three medium to large-scale implementations.
Experience leading teams operating a varied range of development platforms and tools
Minimum five (5) years of experience in SaaS platform administration and configuration / development.
Salesforce.com ADM-401 Developer Certification a must and Sales or Service Cloud Consultant Certification is preferred.
Experience with third party applications such as CongaMerge, EchoSign, JitterBit, Riptide Reflection, Xactly, Forseva, and CVent is preferred.
Functional knowledge and implementation experience of IT Service Management (ITSM) frameworks and ITIL v3 Foundation Certification preferred.
Typically requires a minimum of seven to ten or more years of work experience within related information technology field, which includes a minimum of four years to six years of relevant technical leadership experience, or an equivalent combination.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in field related to department functions or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience with a mix-matrixed organization and onshore and offshore delivery model.
Knowledge of budget and accounting principles and systems. Manage departmental budget within assigned tolerance ensuring all established financial metrics are achieved.
Strong computer skills in programs including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet and e-mail programs.
Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
Accomplished project management skills, to include organization, planning, and execution.
Should have a broad technological direction and industry best practices for IT organizations
Strong strategic vision and focus.
Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate in an articulate manner to a wide range of audiences.
Effective customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment; motivate and work through others to accomplish tasks; and deal honestly and directly with others.
Define and execute optimized development processes (Waterfall and SCRUM) within approved enterprise frameworks for delivery of established software platforms undergoing large-scale transition. Tailor team SDLC as a function of standard and repeatable processes using industry best practices and metrics.
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.