We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary: Internal Title: USFIT04 -Application Developer IV
Designs and develops computer programs and monitors the work of junior staff to ensure accuracy and efficiency; performs evaluation of packaged software; conducts system studies to analyze and evaluate manual and computerized processes to improve efficiency, develops techniques for automating processes as appropriate; conducts Rough Order of Magnitude for development of new applications and reviews work of others; determines the need for system security, backup/recovery, data conversion, plans and controls development, testing, and implementation of systems and manages technical activities; works with business and responds to Production Support issues as necessary. Essential Job Functions Key Tasks for Position Level I:
Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components; configures packaged software; tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications. Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions. Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation. Responds to Production Support issues. Works with business as required. Key Tasks for Position Level-II, in Addition to the Above:
Analyzes programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommends appropriate changes as necessary. Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality. Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs. Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling. Key Tasks for Position Level-III, in Addition to the Above:
Conducts system studies, analyzes existing computerized and manual processes to improve efficiency; researches and develops techniques for automation, as approved. Monitors the work of junior staff to ensure efficiency, and compliance with specification. Designs and develops documentation of proposed procedures and systems. Performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software. Manages and controls system development projects. Supports implementation/training activities; troubleshoots system environmental issues, as required. Key Tasks for Position Level-IV, in Addition to the Above:
Plans and controls development, testing, and implementation of systems; manages technical activities. Completes review of estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality. Performs final evaluation of packaged software. Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Relevant Experience: 4+ years.
- Education: Bachelors Degree.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Minimum 4 years of application design and development experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing Salesforce.com application via web services, Apex, SOQL, Visual Force, Lightning, Reports and Dashboards.
- Experience developing solutions and supporting projects from requirements gathering to release management.
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications.
- Manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Manage day to day development activities on the salesforce.com platform.
- Support the creation of customizations and integrations required to solution delivery.
- Configure the Salesforce.com application based on the business requirements.
- Apply best practices and experience to build Salesforce.com applications.
- Develop estimates for projects.
- Work closely with other developers in the team, business analyst, QA analyst and project managers.
- Research Salesforce.com capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis.
Physical Actions Physical Environment Education Requirements:
- Certified Salesforce Developer.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience. Experience Requirements:
Level IV: 5 years of experience in application development/testing or business/system analysis or 1 year as an Application Developer Level Ill. Special Skill Requirement
May require occasional travelling. Good written and oral skills in local language.
English Level-4: Able to participate in and facilitate discussions with complex content. Composes reports with almost no grammatical errors and can communicate proficiently. An Equal Opportunity Employer