Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Technology
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own. Position Description:
The User Experience Researcher in WM will be primarily responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing of Enterprise applications for Advisor and Clients, including identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, ethnography and persona development as well as rapid iterative usability testing, and more formal, in-depth testing. A successful User Experience Researcher must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple concurrent projects. Responsibilities:
Qualifications Required Skills:
- Conduct usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Serve as a member of a team that acts as a 'repository' of research-based usability knowledge.
- Work with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods.
- Determine user needs by conducting task-focused analyses.
- Work with graphic designers to test proposed look & feel initiatives.
- Engage with project teams to determine needs and the best way to test for those needs, create test plans, run the testing (moderating), analyze results, compile reports (powerpoint, word, video [Morae])
- Collect and analyze user behavior through server logs, online experiments (A/B testing), benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 Experience conducting usability testing on large-scale web products Financial applications specifically in wealth management
- 5 years of work experience in enterprise application usability moderating (all types, particularly one-on-one), participant recruiting/screener creation, experimental design, test method selection, debriefing, facilitation, participant recruiting/screener creation, statistical/qualitative/quantitative analysis, presentations (verbal and written); integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience with remote usability testing tools, such as Keynote or UserZoom.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team, and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load, and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Must be an effective problem solver. Comes up with creative solutions and considers many alternative solutions to each problem.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.