Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
The Salesforce Center of Excellence (COE) hiring for this position is a dynamic team supporting the rapid growth of Salesforce across Fannie Mae. The COE interacts with internal business and technical teams, as well as outside vendors, to promote the best use of the Salesforce platform and its eco-system of tools. Our team members are trusted advisors and help teams solve business and technology challenges related to their Salesforce initiatives.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
The role of the tools specialist/engineer is to evaluate, onboard, deploy and maintain technology solutions or tools that meet business and technical requirements in the Salesforce space. Technology solutions may include Salesforce tools, systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently deploy, support, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop operational guidelines for consistent & stable implementation and operational processes. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interface with stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures, and training to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Monitor for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Evaluate and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards Maintain and operate the technology solution. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Execute or support the test certification scripts, analyze the results to validate the results against established success criteria
- Support patching and incident and problem management activities
- Enables environment sustainability through technology training and development of user guides and knowledge artifacts
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
- Apply comprehensive understanding of product technical support to resolve technology issues and customer questions
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal teams to evaluate, onboard and rollout tools
• Demonstrated ability to interact with end users and vendors to resolve tools technical issues
• Working knowledge of Oracle SQL, Windows Desktops and Servers
• Desired: Experience in the one or more of the following tools: Salesforce dataloader, Microsoft Office Salesforce plugins, Lightning for Outlook, Checkmarx, Conga, Deployment and Post Deployment Steps Automation tools, DemandTools.
• Desired: Experience integrating Salesforce cloud solution or tools with identify and access management and enterprise or 3rd party products.
• Desired: Experience with Source Control, Automated testing and CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, Selenium, GIT)
• Desired: Salesforce Administrator certification
• Desired: 2 years of Java and Webservices development a plus.
• Desired: Cloud deployment EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.