The purpose of this position is to provide exceptional customer service by assisting our Pet Parents in the Self Dog Wash, at the register, checking in and out from grooming services, providing support in keeping the store clean and stocked, and providing a welcoming and safe environment for pets, Pet Parents and associates in our PetSmart Groomery. Responsibilities
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promotes PetSmart's vision, mission, values, and strategy.
- Provides exceptional customer service to build trust with Pet Parents by genuinely engaging with them, building strong relationships based upon the love of pets, and sharing solutions relevant to their needs.
- Performs check in process for Pet Parents, processing applicable paperwork for use of self-service dog wash, informing of rules of use; assists Pet Parents in the proper use of the self-service dog wash, answering questions they may have, as well as help recommend other solutions relevant to their needs; cleans, stocks and refills supplies for self-wash bathing area including hydrosurge, based on Self Wash Procedure.
- Performs check in and out procedures for grooming appointments, including applicable paperwork; answers phones and schedules grooming appointments; aids Pet Parents on services offered at The PetSmart Groomery.
- Stocks shelves, and lifts/moves product, stocks storage areas and displays with new or transferred merchandise, restocks resalable returns and/or exchanges; sets up advertising signs and displays merchandise on shelves; prices merchandise and performs price audits when required.
- Operates cash register system and appointment system; bags merchandise, collects payments and processes various media.
- Takes immediate action when a sick or injured pet is found in the store (cost is not a consideration).
- Fosters an environment where pet health and care is first and foremost.
- Cleans and maintains store and salon area, coffee bar (if applicable) and register area; cleans display cases, shelves, aisles, Oops stations, self-service dog wash and restrooms.
- Opens and unpacks merchandise cartons, pallets and crates.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures, as well as the safety and security of company assets, Pet Parents, pets, and associates.
- Represents the company to outside organizations within the local community promote the brand.
- Operates fax and copy machines, answers phone calls, and responds to Pet Parents' questions.
- Follows all operating policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally team lift and/or move in excess of 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is often exposed to a wet environment with an abundance of pet hair, occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is moderate in the work environment; however associates may be exposed to high levels of noise at times. Exposure to live animals and their handling is common.
A little about us:
If you're a devoted pet parent or an animal lover, you'll find a company that truly supports its associates and empowers them to succeed. Join us to help create a better world for pets and our pet parents.