The purpose of this position is to provide leadership to the store including, driving salon sales and achieving target results, championing exceptional customer service, ensuring a welcoming and safe environment for pets, Pet Parents and associates, and training, growing and developing a committed, high performing salon team in our PetSmart Groomery. Responsibilities
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drives PetSmart's vision, mission, values, and strategy within the store, holding associates accountable.
- Champions and teaches exceptional customer service to build trust with Pet Parents by genuinely engaging with them, building strong relationships based upon the love of pets, and sharing solutions relevant to their needs.
- Drives and identifies opportunities to grow salon sales and holds associates accountable to achieve sales targets and productivity and any other relevant store metrics, as well as manages salon supply expenses.
- Ensures consistent compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as the safety and security of company assets, customers, pets, and associates, which can be achieved through regular store walks, trains on and holds associates accountable to company and government safety standards.
- Personnel activities including staffing and scheduling of associates, training and developing of new salon associates ensuring completion of all training requirements, including all new salon associate training, salon academy training and annual safety certification, as well as, developing and coaching all salon associates, including proper grooming techniques, evaluating the quality of grooms, one-on-one meetings, and performance review discussions.
- Engages and represents the company to outside organizations within the local community to generate business and promote the brand.
- Performs Hands on Pet (HOP) assessment on all pets to recommend services and build trust with the Pet Parents and ensures all salon associates perform Hands on Pet (HOP) assessment.
- Grooms dogs to breed standards (up to 10 dogs per week)
- Performs check in and out procedures for grooming appointments, including applicable paperwork and rebooking's; maintains client records and receipts; aids Pet Parents on services offered in the salon.
- Takes immediate action when a sick or injured pet is found in the store (cost is not a consideration).
- Fosters an environment where pet health and care is first and foremost.
- Monitors the safety and well-being of every pet and associate in the store.
- Creates and reviews weekly operating schedules to ensure appointment availability; reviews scheduling of grooming appointments; may answer phones and schedules grooming appointments, as well as may conduct appointment reminder calls; may process weekly payroll reports.
- Follows all operating policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with and executes CASE messaging and tasks.
- Creates a Positive Work Environment by assessing situations, coaching accordingly and rewarding & recognizing associates.
- Partners with Store Leader to identify current and future staffing needs and assists with hiring and recruiting of new associates.
- Ensures salon associates deliver quality services that meet the "Look Great Guarantee".
- Ensures completion and retention of client records and receipts; as well as maintains detailed customer history by recording services performed on pets.
- Ensures a high level of cleanliness, sanitation, and humane conditions for all pets in the grooming area.
- Ensures cleanliness and maintenance of self-wash bathing areas, and may perform cleaning duties; assists Pet Parents in self-service dog wash.
- Fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion with associates creating an environment of engagement.
- Leads a culture of empowerment through utilizing code of ethics, policies, and standard operating procedures.
- Performs other general store activities to include running cash registers, pricing, receiving, stocking, cleaning, dusting, and light repairs and maintenance of building, equipment, and fixtures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typically supervises 10-15 non-supervisory associates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures. Includes:
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- associate development
- planning, assigning, and directing work of associates
- appraising performance, providing input in employee performance, rewarding and coaching associates
- addressing associate and customer complaints and resolving problems
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and/or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally team lift and/or move in excess of 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is often exposed to a wet environment with an abundance of pet hair, occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level is moderate in the work environment; however associates may be exposed to high levels of noise at times. Exposure to live animals and their handling is common.