As a Tax Supervisor for Income and Franchise Tax consulting within the high-performing RSM State and Local Tax (SALT) practice, you will be responsible for the following job duties
- Ability to integrate with clients and the overall tax team to review state tax returns and provide state tax consulting – including nexus studies, apportionment and sourcing analysis, voluntary disclosures and merger and acquisition consulting and other state tax consulting.
- Be able to provide written technical advice in the form of technical memos or other technical forms
- Responsible for managing a team of 5 – 7 SALT tax associates and seniors
- Providing timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations with tax advice and consultation that enable clients to increase shareholder value
- Manage tax assignments and related projects
- Plan and coordinate the flow of information with the client
- Supervise, mentor and develop staff members
- Review work papers and tax returns
- Review tax provisions on audit and review engagements
- Research and resolve technical issues
- Develop specialized SALT knowledge as a firm expert within the Manufacturing, Wholesale and Distribution, Government Contractor, and Construction/Real Estate industries, Consumer Products
- Expected to recognize opportunities for providing additional services to clients, marketing technical specialty or expertise to clients
- Expected to be the client point of contact for multiple engagements. Manager will be the face of SALT for their clients.
- Responsible for overall management of the engagement
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- CPA, JD, or LLM in Taxation
- Minimum of 4 years of experience providing income and franchise tax consulting services in a Public Accounting, Consulting, or Law firm
- Strong analytical, problem solving, detail oriented and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
A little about us:
The leading provider of audit, tax & consulting services focused on the middle market.