The leading assessment and data insights team is looking for SAM Engagement Manager to cover the Enterprise (PS) Federal and Education territories driving customers’ digital transformation and right licensing at scale
The role of the SAM Engagement Manager (EM) has dramatically changed. Successfully selling within the Enterprise Segment today requires obtaining meaningful customer data that can be leveraged to build compelling business cases. Today’s successful SAM EM’s are at the lead of helping every other customer facing sales role obtain the data they need to be successful. Tomorrow’s successful SAM EM’s not only drive the capture of the data but play an instrumental role in driving the translation of that data into meaningful insights that maximize customer value while minimizing their risks and optimizing their IT investments.
This new vision is already having tremendous success! We have numerous examples where our work has led directly to significant Azure, O365 & E5 purchases while also defining migration & optimization opportunities. While some of our engagements do still result in identified licensing shortfalls, that is becoming less common. This year’s commitments anticipate that the majority of our engagements will be value focused which means no license reconciliation is ever completed.
The SAM&C new mission further supports our overall Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers deeply care about. At Microsoft we know this mission would be impossible without incredible, passionate, and talented people. We want every employee to contribute their unique skills, discover their passions, and make a difference to our customers, partners, and community.
The SAM team is always learning from our customers and partners in order to better serve them. We are relentless in our efforts to add value to everything we do for our customers so we can empower them to do and achieve more through our technology and innovation. We work with a large group of internal and external stakeholders around the world, including executive leadership, partners, and industry analysts, to drive our strategy and execution, building on each other’s ideas to solve complex scenarios, because we are better together and can make a difference.
We are looking for:
• Innovators and sky’s-the-limit thinkers that want to take their careers to places they simply can’t anywhere else,
• Individuals who have presence, who have the ability to successfully exert their influence with senior leaders internally and with our customers,
• Facilitators who have the ability to define the needs of disparate groups and drive connections between groups with common goals, and
• We need executors who can define what needs to be accomplished and relentlessly drive to success.
What we offer is:
• The opportunity to be on the leading front of the digital transformation at Microsoft and at our customers,
• Significant executive level visibility and interactions in situations that demonstrate the impact you can have on their business,
• The opportunity to succeed personally by helping others achieve their goals and objectives.
Our SAM Engagement Managers worldwide not only builds skills in Microsoft technology and licensing, but in industry standards and partner relationships – invaluable skills for a strong career. Join us!
The Impact You’ll Be Making
The SAM Engagement Manager is focused on driving meaningul data collection from our customers that can be leveraged by all groups internally to grow Cloud and Annuity revenue & consumption, while also driving customer satisfaction and helping customers maximize the value of their investments in Microsoft Intellectual Property (IP).
This role will interface extensively with a cross spectum of partners - from those that execute the engagements themselves, to tools partners who are leveraged gather the data, to key cloud partners who help translate the data into meaningful insights.
In this context, key responsibilities include:
• Working with account teams and segment leadership to drive the SAM engagement strategy and execution with a balanced approach that delivers value to customers beyond just compliance
• Analyzing and selecting accounts, and managing the opportunity pipeline across the sales stages of the Microsoft Selling Process (MSP)
• Articulating the benefits of SAM to gain buy-in directly with customers at CXO and IT leadership levels, then selecting the right SAM Partners to work with the customers throughout the engagement
• As part of the account team, ensuring visibility of the unique customer insights that are uncovered during SAM reviews, supporting a One Microsoft approach to selling
Key elements of the role include driving SAM execution with customers, identifying and qualifying leads, partner readiness, data analysis and reporting, and internal evangelism with account teams.
Who We Are Looking For
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
Key Experiences: Candidates must have 5-8 years of practical experience in sales, technical sales, and channel and/or business development. Two to three years of management experience strongly preferred, or comparable cross-group responsibilities (e.g. Project Manager for significant projects with cross-group impact and membership). Our team is made up of individuals from a variety of backgrounds including licensing, solution sales, account management and sales excellence.
Education and Knowledge: Required: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) Desirable: MBA or Master’s in Finance, Communication, Marketing, or IT. Required in Year 1 of Role: Internal Azure, O365, and SAM Pitch Perfect completion, plus one of the following professional certifications: IAITAM CSAM, Microsoft MCP for SAM (exam 70-713), PCSAM (IBSMA), BCS SAM Foundation, BSA SAM Advantage, or ITAMOrg SWAM.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.