JOB SUMMARY The Strategic Account Manager in Government and Education is r
esponsible for dedicated account management of an assigned module of Charter Enterprise market customers. Responsible to protect and grow existing revenues by proactively managing the day-to-day relationship with Charter and Enterprise Market customers, including regular face-to-face meetings with assigned customers to conduct account reviews and to help identify and secure additional sales and renewal opportunities.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Actively hunt within the current account base for fiber upsell opportunities or conversion of coax to fiber based services
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- This field based position is responsible for the proactive management of an assigned module of Charter customers.
- Meet or exceed assigned revenue goals and sales quotas within the assigned module of accounts
- Conduct regularly scheduled face-to-face meetings and account reviews with assigned customers for the purpose of securing and/or renewing existing revenues and identifying and securing new revenue opportunities.
- Serve as the customer advocate for assigned customers to ensure customer satisfaction with all Charter departments that affect the customer. Interface with other departments through written and verbal communications to handle customer situations; involving customer problems and questions.
- Maintains and updates internal databases with all required customer information. Establish and monitor internal control procedures for the support of assigned accounts and provide contract information for tracking and submission to regulatory agencies as needed.
- Remains current on changes in the service pricing and procedures, order entry process, commission reports, and sales promotions through completion of required/recommended training program.
- Perform other duties as requested by manager.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Preferred experience within the State/Local Government and/or Education vertical
- Successful history of B2B selling
- Strong cold calling (prospecting / door knocking) for new clients
- Hunter mindset to existing Government/Education customers and negotiate new, renewed or amended contracts
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to travel 30% of the time (including during inclement weather) to and from assigned territories and company facilities using a reliable personal vehicle
- Must have proven ability to meet $2500/monthly quota
- Strong presentation ability required since they develop customer centric solutions and deliver sales proposals on product features and benefits
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Can work in a fast pace ever changing environment
- Ability to multitask, as well as work efficiently and effectively within required deadlines
- The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team environment
- Valid and active State driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Attends all sales meetings and training sessions as required by management
- Preferred experience – proven sales ability of data, voice, cloud and/or video solutions within industry or Premise Based Voice and Data product sales
- Positive attitude, inner drive to push themselves
- Coachable, yet has an entrepreneur spirit
- Has the aptitude to learn the product suite and the “Charter way”
- Has the mentality that the base “pays the bills” and the commission earns your lifestyle
- Analytical/interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Related Work Experience Number of Years: 2 -3
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred (Business-related field).
- Minimum of two years of outside telecommunications related sales with a proven track record of successfully exceeding sales objectives
- Preferably selling data, voice and/or video solutions in the telecommunications business-to-business industry
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.