The San Antonio Works Operations Manager is responsible for the results of all aspects of the business at Arconic's plant in Elmendorf, Texas, including EHS, customer, quality, community, manufacturing, accounting, supply chain, human resources, transportation, and maintenance.
Major activities / key challenges:
- Create a strong Environmental Health and Safety culture by delivering results in terms of low injury rates, relentlessly pursuing risk reduction activities including fatality prevention and ergonomics, ensuring compliance and completion of Arconic Self Assessment Tools for Environment, Health, and Safety categories, and driving for reduced landfill and increased recycling while meeting all state and federal environmental requirements.
- Ensure San Antonio Works meets the yearly financial plan as measured by current metrics of choice (currently: EBITDA, RONA, and FCF).
- Develop, communicate, and lead successful implementation of local strategy, aligned with Davenport strategy. Develop three-year facility plan, business case, and quarterly plans (A3s).
- Demonstrate customer focus by ensuring 100% delivery performance and product quality are top priority. Shipments must be in a timely manner meeting regulations while minimizing costs. Work closely with Arconic Sales and Marketing to meet the needs of customers. Support growth opportunities and trials. Ensure quality systems are in place to maintain traceability and meet recognized industrial association requirements and other customer specifications. Minimize rejections from customers.
- Engage employees by valuing diversity in hiring and employment decisions, developing employees, utilizing the performance management system to set and measure objectives, and treating all employees with dignity and respect. Lead people decisions for the location, to include "pro-employee" principles and thinking. Drive accountability for achieving goals. Ensure payroll systems are well understood and that all required auditing and checks are completed. Deliver best-in-class engagement results as measured by the Global Voices Survey.
- Set and deliver year-on-year productivity improvements and cost savings by encouraging continuous improvement using the Arconic Business System as the primary tool for achieving manufacturing improvements. Ensure San Antonio Works' capacity will meet customer demand while minimizing costs. Translate improvements into DI savings and deliver on yearly DI targets. Engage employees in all improvement activities.
- Ensure successful completion and compliance with Arconic Self-Assessment Testing (ASAT) requirements.
- Encourage linkage with Davenport Works to maximize delivery to customers, minimize costs, and minimize required inventory levels. Work closely with Davenport Works to improve delivery and recovery, and reduce inventory levels.
- Ensure maintenance systems are in place to keep unscheduled downtime to planned metrics while minimizing labor and material costs, including a strong Preventive and Predictive Maintenance system, adequate spare parts and maintenance planning systems. Understand facility's needs and garner engineering support when needed to complete capital improvements.
- Meet the requirements of the Community Framework Program by publicizing San Antonio Works in the community, participating in community groups, and encouraging community service by employees.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical field from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in manufacturing leadership, with proven track record in continuous improvement
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), political asylee, or refugee.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional people and leadership skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, attention to detail, and results orientation
- High level of professionalism and ethics
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to align location objectives and activities with those of Davenport Work