Do you have passion for conducting investigations and analyzing financial activity? Do you want to join a company that will give you industry leading training, cutting-edge technology and access to worldwide, world-class customers? Join PayPal's Enterprise Risk, Compliance and Security organization!
As a PayPal Sanctions Investigator II, your goal is to ensure that activity within the PayPal system is compliance with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidelines as well as PayPal's adherence to our ethics and compliance standards, and obligations to the appropriate regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy and USA PATRIOT Acts, and the governing authorities.
In this role, you will investigate customer activity across multiple platforms to ensure that it falls within acceptable parameters established by governing bodies including, but not limited to, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). You will be tasked with creating brief summaries of your investigations and taking the appropriate mitigating action within PayPal's various case management systems when necessary.
As a Sanctions Investigator II, it will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes, seek ways to enhance current processes and controls, and maintain utmost professionalism in your interaction with our customers at all times. You will be responsible for handling escalated cases from the Sanctions Level 1 Investigations and perform thorough investigations, ultimately deciding whether or not the activity is worthy of further mitigating actions.
As a Sanctions Investigator II, your responsibilities include:
- Conducting end-to-end meticulous reviews of cases escalated from Sanctions Level 1 Investigators pertaining to potential illegal activity, global watch lists, or activity in violation of the economic and trade sanctions administered by OFAC.
- Completing a time-sensitive and meticulous analysis of each instance of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries
- Assessment of customer profiles and large amounts of data to ensure normal and expected activity, including monitoring of industry watch lists and Know Your Customer efforts
- Apply analytic techniques to complex information sets in order to make logical and supported recommendations
- Regularly exercise good judgement and in making decision or recommendations in relation to case investigations
- Documenting finding in the manual and automated process case management system and prepare reports to management as required
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- 6 years' related experience, with a minimum of 1 years' experience conducting a research and investigations related to Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigations or verifications
- Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to report critical information
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
A little about us:
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.