Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. At Arconic, we develop and manufacture high performance, engineered products and solutions for the aerospace, industrial gas turbine, commercial transportation and oil and gas markets. EPS offers unique, comprehensive capabilities, from advanced alloy and 3D printing powder development to advanced manufacturing and qualification expertise. Our global footprint of manufacturing and R&D facilities are strategically located adjacent to customer clusters and in low-cost regions. Our four business units are built on market leadership in airfoils, fasteners, rings, forgings, extrusions, advanced alloys and industrial gas turbines.
At Arconic Power and Propulsion, a business unit of the Engineered Products and Solutions group, we hold the number one global market position in aero engine and industrial gas turbine airfoils-and we are a world-class producer of structural aero engine components. We excel in additive manufacturing technologies, vacuum melted alloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high performance parts that enable the next generation of more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation.
Our Dover, NJ site has approximately 690 employees. Our Dover Casting division is a world-class supplier of complex, investment-cast turbine airfoils and other components for the aircraft engine and industrial gas turbine industries. Our Dover Alloy division supplies vacuum and air-melted nickel- and cobalt-based superalloys to internal and external customers.
Our Dover, New Jersey
Casting Operation has an immediate need for a full time Afternoon Shift Sand Blaster
in our Metal Work Cell department.
Shift may fall on one of the following:
Monday - Friday standard department afternoon shift hours
Monday - Friday standard department midnight shift hours
Saturday/Sunday/Monday day shift (6am - 6pm)
Saturday/Sunday/Monday night shift (6pm - 6am) (starts Friday night)
Friday/Saturday/Sunday day shift (6am - 6pm)POSITION OVERVIEW
Uses sandblasting equipment to finish castings and smoother over small imperfections. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/EQUIPMENTS USED
- Operates sandblast, tumbling, vibratory or REM equipment to clean metal castings of scale, foreign material and discoloration to produce a smooth surface.
- Must effectively work and communicate well with all team members.
- Maintain production counts or other records as required.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work place.
- Follow all applicable safety rules and work in a safe manner.
- Responsible for verifying calibration stickers and acceptable condition of equipment.
- Must verify routers are correct before working castings.
- Frequent standing, bending over and lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Manufacturing work environment, subject to seasonal temperatures
- Use of blast cabinets and machines, rotary machines, aluminum oxide and vibratory
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.Basic QualificationsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), political asylee, or refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within a 50 miles radius of Dover NJ will only be considered.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.