Sanitation Program Manager
Company: Kellogg Company
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Posted: December 12, 2017
Reference ID: QUA000528
Grow with us as a Plant Sanitarian in one of our state-of-the-art facilities! By supporting the production team, you will play a crucial role in identifying and delivering programs & processes essential to our plant food safety operations. Lead with us to develop and oversee the daily application of core sanitation activities, while identifying opportunities to more efficiently produce great food safely and at a low cost. Be a part of the united values and collaborative culture at Kellogg!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as Sanitation Program Manager at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
• Being accountable for holistic direction of plant sanitation program for plant, warehouse and plant grounds including compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and all food safety policies and procedures
• Working closely with engineering and maintenance to identify capital expense needs and ensuring appropriate preventative maintenance programs are utilized
• Evaluating facility sanitary conditions, assessing risk based on food safety and public health principles, prioritizing corrective actions, and verifying sanitation activities and validation testing
• Maintaining and writing detailed clean up procedures and Safety Standard Operating Procedures for all plant equipment, driving towards reduced water and air usage
• Engaging technical experts from corporate, industry experts, and chemical / equipment suppliers to troubleshoot any sanitation challenges and identifying novel technologies and methodologies
• Developing and implementing all sanitation related training for sanitation and plant employees as needed
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Manufacturing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor's degree and experience in plant quality/food safety/sanitation
• Significant experience leading a team
• Understanding and application of basic microbiological principles with in depth food borne pathogen knowledge
• Knowledge of HACCP and Sanitation principles
• Understanding of the appropriate wet cleaning and dry cleaning methodology
• Experience in successfully addressing environmental sanitation challenges in areas such as drains, floors, walls, roofs, and equipment
• Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Master's degree
• Certification as a Sanitarian
• Certification in Pesticide Application
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish.