IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge Louisiana has immediate opportunities SAP BASIS & HANA Administrators with a passion for learning, leading, and delighting customers.
You will gain valuable on the job training while building in-demand technical skills. Our clients are some of the world's leading companies and you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for their needs. As a SAP BASIS/HANA Administrator you will be expected to support a variety of SAP functional environments working directly with the client and other IBM staff to maintain and support the client's landscapes.
SAP BASIS/Netweaver and Portal Admin need to have experience installing and supporting SAP systems and SAP HANA. Technical skills would range from standard daily support of SAP environments (R/3, Enterprise Central Component, Business Information Warehouse (BW), Enterprise Portal (EP), Exchange Infrastructure/Process Integration (XI/PI), etc.), to troubleshooting system performance problems or potential system installations. Experience in a OS and Oracle database environments is helpful. Must have proven experience on the latest versions of SAP ECC, SAP HANA, Enterprise Portals, APO/Livecache, XI/PI, CPS, GRC, Solution Manager and SLD. Must be fluent in SAP Java related instances from dual stacks, portal systems, and SAP systems running on AIX/Oracle Windows/MSSQL.
Key experiences needed;
- Expertise managing SAP ECC, HANA, Portal, BW, APO/Livecache, XI/PI, CPS, GRC, Gateway/Fiori, Solution Manager and SLD systems
- SAP JAVA system installation & administration
- Hana SPS08 and higher real work experience
- HANA SPS updates, administration and Backup configuration
- Troubleshoot Hana memory bottlenecks and performance tuning
- Experienced using SAP HANA Studio
- Configuration of SAP HANA High Availability and Disaster Recovery set up
- Performed Support Package Update through SDM, JSPM, SUM
- SLD Administration
- SAP Web Dispatcher knowledge
- SAP Netweaver Gateway installation and configuration
- Implementation of SAP Fiori applications
- CTS+ and transport route configuration
- Installation of SMD Agent and SAP Host Agent
- SAP client copies and system refreshes
- SAP Kernel upgrades
- Experience in Web Dynpro for ABAP and JAVA
- Day to Day monitoring support for a large scale production environment
- SAP Router installation and configuration.
- SAP Spool Administration, logon groups, setting up operation modesThe IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. No remote opportunities exist.BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.