SAP Basis Tech Lead
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: McLean, Virginia
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 173240BR
This **SAP Basis Tech Lead** will provide hands on Basis technical leadership in support of current and future SAP related client projects and will collaborate and coordinate closely with the both client and internal infrastructure teams to deliver a stable, highly available business systems. Specific duties include developing and implementing measures to ensure high availability for SAP and related systems; fully documenting and standardizing operational procedures with appropriate controls to ensure operational stability; and facilitate infrastructure activities in support of ongoing SAP release and deployment projects.
This is accomplished through extensive knowledge of SAP Basis technology, an open yet results-oriented program and project management approach, and the ability to effectively work with geographically dispersed virtual teams and IT leadership.
**DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES**
• Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work. Prepares integration plans. Prepares activity and progress reports for server utilization.
• Responsible for implementing programs and policies to achieve specific technical delivery goals. Sets goals, ensures that they are met and is responsible for continuous process improvement. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility.
• Communicates with other information technology sections to coordinate support and project activity.
• Works collaboratively with various members of the team and other Infrastructure resources in support of the client. This includes:
• Designing or participating in the design of key areas such as high availability, disaster recovery and systems management.
• Conducts special analyses and projects as required. Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
• Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise.
• Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence. Identifies and resolve business issues; escalate issues when appropriate.
When you choose Virtustream, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment. EMC will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants except in very limited circumstances identified by law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
**Critical Hiring Criteria:**
· Virtustream has government cloud and client involvement therefore it is required to be eligible for and otherwise willing to go through Federal background check in order to achieve and maintain security clearance of at least public trust level. All those eligible to work for any employer in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
· Extensive SAP HANA Troubleshooting and Maintenance experience is required
· SQL Server 2005-2008
· Windows 2003-2008
· Strong Basis XI/PI experience
· DB2 (bonus) nice but not required
· Familiarity with SAP on VMware.
· Four-year degree with a Business Administration or MIS focus (or equivalent)
· 8+ years IT experience including 4+ years managing Basis, IT Infrastructure, IT Network, or IT Operations:
· Proven program and project management, ITIL, and continuous improvement implementations.
· Experience establishing policies, product and operating standards.
· Experience establishing SLAs, negotiating and managing both in-sourced and out-sourced IT services. Successful IT support of diverse global sites and end-users.
· Demonstrated architecture and design expertise with enterprise server and storage networking projects in support of SAP in large-scale environments.
· Experience working as part of a team to provide the optimal solution for both business needs and project standards.
· Experience estimating effort and resources required for projects and working with project managers to structure projects.
· Demonstrated excellent customer service skills; ability to build strong formal and informal relationships.
· Capable of collaborating and leading across distributed organizations.
· Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to transition smoothly between technical and business vernacular, tailoring communications to the audience.
· Able to work in ambiguous situations/environments; demonstrated ability to break down problems into constituent parts and develop and drive plans for resolution.
Administrative Services & Operations
500 - VIRTUSTREAM
VA - Glen Allen, VA - Herndon, VA - McLean, VA - Reston, WI - Madison, WI - Pewaukee