CEOs rely on the alliance between IBM and SAP for digital transformation. For over 40 years, IBM and SAP have helped clients formulate, and execute winning strategies through thousands of successful implementations. With 31 SAP Pinnacle awards, IBM is a recognized leader and SAP Platinum Partner. In 2016, IBM also received SAP's Cloud Partner of the Year award for Europe, and the Partner Excellence Award for SAP HANA and S/4HANA for North America. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, and deep industry expertise, IBM Global Business Services (GBS) empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
The SAP Business Development Professional will have knowledge / familiarity of SAP's solutions and new innovations including S/4 HANA, Ariba, SuccessFactors and Hybris. You will be responsible for driving SAP sales discussions with clients, SAP Account Executives and IBM Account Partners with the purpose of driving near and out quarter pipeline. The role requires the ability to learn and articulate the IBM SAP Value proposition and deliver this message effectively. You must be able to rapidly create relationships, and build trust with SAP and the IBM field teams. You must know the SAP product suite and its business benefits, understand how to sell consulting engagements to C level executives, and have relationships with SAP's sales organizations in order to navigate this primary sales partner channel. This role will require excellent oral and written communication skills.
Proficiency in developing channel & client relationships, identifying & closing new business, developing thought leadership with content as well as a visionary outlook in SAP are required. This is a hands-on sales role in a complex environment. Responsibilities include providing advice & counsel to clients and SAP.
Additional responsibilities of the SAP Business Development Professional:
- Develop, and sustain executive relationships at assigned accounts
- Achieve Annual, Quarterly, and Monthly Signings & Revenue Quotas
- Develop and executes growth initiatives
- Opportunity identification and progression
- Lead S/4HANA sales focused plans on various clients
- Lead S/4HANA pursuits at new logo Sector clients, and expand penetration at existing accounts
- Support the identification, development, and closure of SAP sales efforts in support of an identified sales target
- Provide industry guidance, strategies, and SAP best practices
- Maintain industry references, approaches, IBM contacts and competitive analysis, in support of both general industry solutions and specific solutions
- Lead or contribute to the creation of IBM positions and strong POVs on specific SAP industry topics
- Define, develop, and use repeatable non-traditional consulting industry solutions
- Transfer knowledge to local IBM teams through training and side-by-side engagement work
Preferred candidates will have strong client and team network, extensive and current SAP sales and delivery experience and relationships with SAP.
Success is measured by the following business metrics:
- Signing (new contracts)
- Pipeline Coverage (New opportunity identification, validation, and qualification)