IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
As the SAP Business Intelligence (BI) / HANA Consultant you will have the primary responsibility for the roll out of technical and functional aspects of the SAP BI / HANA solution. You will lead the integrated planning, design, implementation and support of SAP BI / HANA based solutions including SAP LT Replication Server, SAP ECC, SAP Data Services, SAP Business Warehouse (BW), Enterprise (Native) HANA and SAP BI/Business Objects in large and complex environments.
This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with both business and technical stakeholders of client companies and a proven track record designing and implementing SAP (Native) HANA Solutions, traditional SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and BW on HANA solutions. You will be a team player, proactive, an effective communicator with ability to work independently and manage other development resources.
Technical and professional expertise
- Hands-on experience with SAP (Native) HANA data modeling, schema management, content import & export, data provisioning technology including SAP LT Replication Server, Data Services and Sybase replication server.
- Hands-on experience working with traditional SAP BW and SAP BW on HANA features, among others, standard and custom SAP BW Extractors, complex transformations, advanced DSOs, composite providers, exposing BW models as HANA views, mixed scenarios, HANA Analysis process in BW and LSA ++ best practice and performance optimization concepts.
- Experience required in performance tuning, System Copies and Unicode Conversions.
- Experience with administering, monitoring, troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving technical problems.
- Experience with various SAP Business Objects (BOBJ) tools (WEBI, Design Studio, dashboards) development lifecycle on either BW or SAP (Native) HANA from design through implementation and production support.
- Experience required with SAP (Native) HANA and SAP BW Security concepts including User Management, Roles, and Privileges.
- Experience with at least 2 SAP BW on HANA migration, architecture design and implementations.
- Experience required with capturing and documenting non-functional requirements, interpreting non-technical requirements, defining the architecture, preparing estimates and defining technical solutions to proposals.
- Strong Techno Functional Knowledge in various modules like FI, SCM, CO, CO-PA, Logistics.
- Experience required with technical planning, installation, upgrade, Operating Systems DB migration and Unicode Conversion.
- Ability to plan for SAP (Native) HANA or SAP BW implementations including sizing, scoping, high availability and disaster recovery strategy.
- Technically proficient in Operating Systems (Unix/Windows/Linux).
- Technically proficient in Databases (DB2, Oracle, SQL server, MaxDB).
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience delivering Proof of Concepts.
We bring our global industrial-strength Application Management capabilities, modernized for a cloud world, together with our world-class cloud and mobile-powered Enterprise Application and Systems Integration skills. The integration of DevOps Innovation Services and Agile practices, along with IBM Design Thinking and a world of talent, enables us to deliver continuous innovation with speed, quality, and at the cost point required to keep clients at the top of their game.BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.