IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The SAP Planning Consultant will be responsible for the successful delivery of functional and technical components of planning, budgeting and forecasting solutions using SAP Business Objects Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC).
This is a hands-on role the candidate is expected to apply functional and technical integration knowledge of SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools, planning/BI systems and functional finance processes (reports, input schedules, script logic, allocations, distributions, trending, forecast models).
The candidate will be expected to consult with all levels of a client's personnel and be comfortable in front of the Finance and IT departments, advise clients of leading practices within the business planning cycles, including strategic, financial and operational planning with strong General ledger, Asset accounting profitability and controlling insights.
The candidate will be involved in the full life cycle of an Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) project starting with the initial design of the performance management framework to the implementation of the supporting technology.Additional Requirements:
- Design, build, test Applications on the SAP BPC platform, following the requirements defined by industry and Line of Business experts, using an Agile methodology.
- Promote the applications built, interacting with Marketing, Sales and Professional services organizations.
- Interact with customers to understand their experience with the applications, identify new requirements and deploy them on the projects.
- Identify and formalize best practices in Application building and share them internally within organizations EPM practice / CoE forums.
- At least 2 years of related experience (FP&A Roles / Corporate Accounting / Finance).
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Advanced skill levels for Excel including macros, complex charts and pivot tables.
- Multi-dimensional modeling.
- Experience building, tracking and reporting on budgets, forecasts, management reporting and financial analysis.
- Knowledge preparing financial decks.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on simultaneous assignments / complex projects.
- Experience with SAP BPC Standard/Unified and Embedded Models.
- Experience with other EPM tools like Cognos, TM1, Oracle Essbase, Hyperion, etc.
- SAP BI/BW experience.
- Team Lead experience.
We bring our global industrial-strength Application Management capabilities, modernized for a cloud world, together with our world-class cloud and mobile-powered Enterprise Application and Systems Integration skills. The integration of DevOps Innovation Services and Agile practices, along with IBM Design Thinking and a world of talent, enables us to deliver continuous innovation with speed, quality, and at the cost point required to keep clients at the top of their game.BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.