At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an SAP Data Archiving ILM Specialist for the Information Technology group located in Maplewood, MN. USA. Job Summary
The person hired for the position of SAP Data Archiving ILM Specialist
will serve as a liaison and coach to functional and technical resources assigned from the functional and technical teams in addressing their data archiving deliverables. This individual will be expected to leverage broad SAP functional and technical experience in multiple SAP areas, such as DaRT, FI/CO (Finance and Controlling), MM (Materials Management), SD (Sales and Distribution), PP (Production Planning), etc... ensuring that key functional analysis and related development and implementation activities are performed as data archiving is deployed.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Principle liaison / coach to the functional and technical resources assigned from the process team on data archiving deliverables.
- Provide knowledge and expertise on current SAP data archiving processes and procedures.
- Fully understand and communicate to the process and technical teams, the capabilities and limitations of the SAP Data archiving solution set. Advocate recommended process design and technical design changes within the process teams.
- Collaborate with functional and technical team leads, and senior members of the SAP client community, to define and implement global SAP data archiving processes and solutions.
- Lead/participate in SAP data archiving related design workshops, gathering and understanding the business requirements, translating/mapping those requirements to BT business process solutions, aligning and rationalizing disparate requirements, identifying/managing gaps and addressing resultant change impacts.
- Design, create, test & document the configuration of SAP Data archiving modules/tools in support global business requirements.
- Ensure the products and components work together to meet the objectives and performance goals as defined in the functional, security, integration, performance, quality and operational requirements.
- Review, approve and signoff deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of functional experience with SAP deployments
- Broad functional knowledge and grasp of integration between SAP data objects across SAP Finance, HCM, ERP modules, etc.
- Ability to translate functional/technical requirements and concepts with the business communities.
- Ability to develop and evaluate alternative functional solutions to best meet the needs of the business.
- Five (5) years of IT experience
- Two (2) years of experience implementing global SAP data archiving implementations.
- Two (2) years of experience working with SAP's ILM, IRM and archiving technologies.
- Prior experience addressing the retention management and disposition of archived content.
- Compliance and Application Validation experience, e.g. SOX, 21CFR Part 11, HIPPA, etc.
- Detail oriented, ability to be self-directed, and possess excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent procedural and regulatory documentation abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and team collaboration skills
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: up to 10% domestic/international travel
Relocation Benefits are not authorized for this position
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.