Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE's Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
SAP Finance & Accounting Solutions Architect m/f
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Schenectady, Atlanta, Greenville, Baden
As the SAP Finance & Accounting Solutions Architect m/f, you will serve as a liaison between the Finance & Accounting Function and IT working through the IT Portfolio Management process. You will work to identify and implement business processes and IT solutions to create value and capabilities within Finance / Accounting and other Corporate Functions, with specific focus on Enterprise Financial Reporting.
As the SAP Finance & Accounting Solutions Architect m/f, you will work with the Finance Leaders to develop long-term capability ERP roadmaps aligned to Strategic Growth Plans. You will reports to ERP IT Leader for GPS-Global Projects Organization.
As the SAP Finance & Accounting Solutions Architect m/f, you will:
• Partner with Gas Power Systems - Process Excellence, Finance teams to develop a Global Design & deployment for the Global SAP Program in the areas of Finance & Accounting
• Serve as an architect for the Finance, Accounting and Controlling global solution
• Be responsible for schedule, scope, quality, and resource requirements
• Support, advise, assist, guide, and resolve problems for business partners and program team members
• Design and Build a global solution, in line with Corporate Enterprise Standards (ES) as well as additional standards required by GE Power & Water & other Shared Services teams
• Ensure conformance to system architecture, standards, and practices
• Act as a change agent for business processes
• Stay current with enabling technologies and work as a partner to promote their use
• Coordinate outsourced supplier efforts as required
• Lead in the evaluation / implementation of third party software solutions
• Develop peer, cross-functional and cross-GE business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness to deliver and support quality initiatives
• Coordinate with legacy system team on data conversion strategy and execution
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information System, or equivalent knowledge / experience
• Significant experience in information technology including Significant experience in SAP ERP application as Lead / Principal Consultant in SAP Modules FI & CO
• Ability and willingness to travel overseas as business demands
PLEASE NOTE: If being hired to the Baden location, the drug screen requirement and background check process is not required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Some experience with implementations of SAP ERP in FI & CO modules
• Full system development life cycles hands-on experience: analysis, designing, coding, testing, performance tuning and documentation
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) to drive conversations with the business units on required functional needs
• Strong prioritization skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently on parallel efforts
• Able to bridge communication between technical areas and business areas for a full and complete understanding of expectations
• Ability to quickly identify and analyze technical risks & impacts, define alternatives to remove technical roadblocks
• Ability to manage multiple deliverables independently in a fast paced ecosystem
• Highly motivated, Self-starter
• Significant experience information technology; Significant experience in SAP ERP
• Prior experience in a functional Finance or Accounting role a plus. CPA certification a plus
• Knowledge on Localization, country requirements is a plus
• Experience in SAP integration with multiple legacy system landscapes and third party systems (Hyperion etc.)
• Experience implementing Global SAP ERP with Corporate Enterprise Standards
• Experience with other SAP ECC 6.0 modules such as S&D, PS
• Exposure to new technologies such as mobility integration
• Experience working with globally distributed teams and working with multi-cultural environment
• Experience implementing ERP solutions in tax complex countries
• Global ERP rollout experience
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.