At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an SAP HANA Administrator for the SAP Technical Services Group located in Maplewood, MN.Job Summary
3M is seeking a SAP HANA/BASIS Administrator for our SAP Technical Services group to deliver technical solutions and support around our Global HANA and ERP systems specifically around our HANA Business Warehouse platform as well as other solutions utilizing HANA technology. This position is located in Maplewood, MN and is part of the IT Infrastructure Center of Excellence.
This role will involve maintaining SAP HANA technologies and infrastructure as well as related ERP ecosystems and support systems. Responsibilities will also involve working closing with Technical Architects, BASIS support teams and various project teams to determine and build robust solutions across multiple SAP environments. Additional responsibilities include installing, maintaining, as well as monitoring SAP landscapes, reviewing and investigating application and HANA platform performance issues, and environment systems refreshes. The SAP HANA/BASIS Administrator will collaborate with business process owners and other SAP functional teams to configure SAP applications to meet the business needs. This position requires knowledge and understanding of the SAP systems - especially SAP Business Warehouse - in memory database technology as well as hardware and Linux operating systems. Additionally, experience with infrastructure and applications support practices as well as the ability to work within cross-functional teams from different businesses and various countries in a complex organization with differences in language, culture and time zones will be desirable. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs the administration and operation of the SAP HANA systems and associated components and 3rd party tools
- Support and leadership of critical project deliverables, provide coordination of priorities and tasks among a diverse team of 3M SAP Technical Professionals and consultants performing operational administration and implementation project support of a complex SAP ecosystem.
- Implements corporate and regional technology standards and evaluates the business needs with regard to information management, systems, equipment, data, support, and training.
- Collaborate with Technical SAP Project leads and team members on the design and build of the SAP eco-system and infrastructure
- Serve as technical support for medium to complex problem resolution. Provide technical expertise for resolving escalated system issues. Participate in crisis meetings as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements within SAP System design and implementation.
- Automate administrative and operational functions. Provide training and direction to operational teams.
- Provide input and feedback on system design and implementation decisions regarding the SAP infrastructure and architecture in accordance with company policy and Global Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain technical knowledge of SAP system components and architecture.
- Resolve incidents affecting the operation/availability of global systems, through troubleshooting and implementing known fixes
- Provide technical upgrades as well as functional and technical enhancements. Troubleshooting and resolution of application and system errors
- Maintain the change processes within the SAP Landscape and the SAP Infrastructure according to accepted policy and procedures
- Direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, and technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
- Implementation and maintenance of HANA databases including user level security at an enterprise level
- Evaluation and utilization of software products to assist in the management of data
- Collaboration with BW/BI developers/modelers for performance optimization and data access requirements
- Participate in on-call rotation to ensure 24/7 operations of these critical systems
- Experience in supporting SAP technologies
- Any one of the following combinations of experience and education from an accredited learning institution:
a. Master's degree AND a minimum of three (3) years of professional working experience in an Information Technology role
b. Bachelor's degree AND a minimum of four (4) years of professional working experience in an Information
c. Technology role Vocational/Trade/Technical diploma or Associates degree AND a minimum five (5) years of professional working experience in an Information Technology role
d. High School diploma/GED AND a minimum seven (7) years of professional working experience in an Information Technology rolePreferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of two (2) years database support experience HANA, MS SQL, Oracle, or DB2
- Experience supporting the SAP Business Warehouse running on HANA
- SAP Certified Technology Specialist - SAP HANA Installation
- SAP Basis Experience with Installs/Upgrades, tuning and troubleshooting of SAP Suites and Modules (GRC/IDM/BOBJ//HANA) and Solution Manager
- Experience with regulated environment (SOX, FDA, etc.) subject to compliance controls
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience providing Database Administration support for relational Database environments
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience with Database high availability technologies
- Experience with SAP administration, Database Administration (DBA), SAP HANA installation, SAP Business Objects installation, SAP MaxDB
- Skills in server networking, hardware infrastructure, exposure to hardware blade technology with virtual network/SAN, Linux OS administration, general application software installation and configuration experience
- Linux/Unix scripting experience especially in Shell/Perl/Python
- Excellent interpersonal, written and team collaboration skills
- Relationship building skills
- Willingness to support mission critical systems
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation Benefits: Are not authorized for this position
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.