IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge has an immediate opportunity for an experienced forward thinking Hybris Functional Specialist with a passion for growth and innovation. Join our team and utilize leading-edge technology to configure, develop, deliver and support applications for our clients in areas such as Mobile, Big Data, Cloud Computing or Smarter Commerce. Our clients are some of the world's leading companies and you will be part of challenging projects to build and support technical solutions for their needs.
The SAP Hybris Developer will work in creating the package solution for customers who require customization of catalog and order management on SAP's Hybris ecommerce platform which is built on Java Spring Frame work. As a Hybris Developer you will work closely with stake holders across the organization to accomplish the following:
- Participates in the software design, software development, and package implementation using industry standard platforms such as Adobe EM and SAP Hybris Commerce.
- Interfaces with system integrators and IT engineers on projects to ensure proper adherence to SDLC and platform integrity.
- Ensures software developed is held to high quality standards through code and design reviews.
- Effectively communicate with business and technical team members.
- Troubleshoot issues and provide solutions to issues.
- Adapt to new technologies.
- Develop Technical Design documents.
- Participate in Design reviews and Code reviews.
- Contribute to the technical quality of project deliverables.
- Communication of project issues in timely manner with other Developers, Project Managers, QA and Sys Admin functions.
- Contribute to the development of reusable components.
- Collaboration with internal and vendor based developers and teammates.
- Tasks include analysis and design, writing Java code, performing unit testing, releasing code to development and QA environments, and participating in QA testing.
- Duties will also include production support, running and monitoring batch processes/cron-jobs, troubleshooting performance problems, and implementing bug fixes.
IBM Global Business Services helps top-tier clients solve their most complex business and technical issues. As a SAP Hybris Java Specialist, the candidate will deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, and application design and management to leading commercial and public sector organizations in 17 industries worldwide. With access to resources that only a global leader can provide, as a consultant you will learn valuable skills, gain access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals, and enjoy unparalleled career, training, and educational opportunities. Successful candidates for these positions will work onsite at the IBM Client Innovation Center in Baton Rouge. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our Baton Rouge, LA center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs. Travel expectations are approximately 50%. No remote opportunities exist. Join a leader. Consult with us. Help build a smarter planet along the way. The IBM Client Innovation Center is an in-bound delivery model where we support our clients from our
Baton Rouge center. However, some travel is expected and all candidates must be willing and able to travel to meet our client needs across the US. Travel is typically related to knowledge transfer and training at the client site (Monday thru Friday). You are expected to travel up to 50% of the time. This is a traditional office position. You must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Louisiana. The work location is
100 North Street Baton Rouge, LA 70802. This is not a work from home position. BENEFITS
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population. CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.