Johnson & Johnson Information Technology is recruiting for an SAP IT Lead - supporting the Cardiovascular Specialty Solutions (CSS) companies based in Irvine, California.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The IT Lead’s primary responsibilities will be to own governance and business support for our SAP ERP landscape. The IT Lead will participate in business planning, business analysis, needs analysis, business risk assessment, and consults with business partners to shape demand and determine how to best support the business through the effective use of SAP and other technologies.
SAP ERP Governance/Support
Business Relationship Management
- Proactively work with business system owners, power users, and end users to ensure the ongoing reliability of the platform.
- Act as a Liaison between the business and the Application Services technical support team to ensure issues are addressed and resolved.
- Lead the prioritization of issues, defects, and enhancements proposed for the platform.
- Proactively own and lead the resolution of issues impacting the platform. Manage the process to ensure the system is returned to full operation quickly minimizing the impact to the business.
- Program oversight:
- Tracks progress of product development in the context of the larger program (scrum master owns day to day burn down charts where applicable)
- Reports back to the business on status on the delivery of features, functionality, and applications
- Assist power users is triaging issues and requests from end users.
- Provide training and education to power and end users to increase the collective knowledge of the system and enable them to perform transactions confidently.
- Manage the resolution of lifecycle issues impacting the platform.
- Attend critical platform meetings including the change advisory board (CAB), Power user meetings, and governance board meetings.
- Understand the future roadmap for this platform and lead the migration from our legacy platform to the enterprise SAP platform.
- Develop a collaborative partnership with the Business Systems team and understand current processes and system usage.
- Work with business partner(s) to clarify, develop, and plan for their current and future/strategic technology needs and direction.
- Lead discussions to effectively uncover, identify, and define business needs.
- Collaborate with business partners to lead and deliver business strategies and results.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop, maintain, and enhance business strategic roadmaps and remediate risks.
- Manage the governance and change management processes for systems working to prioritize defects and enhancements
- Review operational metrics with business partners and collaborate to define and implement improvements.
- Own/Manage SAP operational metrics process. Provide metrics to IT team to review with their business partners.
- Provide management and guidance for the proposed and approved changes impacting the SAP landscape.
- Design, develop and deliver project solutions to specified requirements on schedule and within budget following appropriate IM methodologies.
- Develop detailed business user requirements, system documentation and workflow procedures.
- Work with the business partners and technical team to deliver changes or enhancements to our legacy ERP platform.
- Collaborate with the business partners and technical teams when performing systems testing in a validated systems environment.
- Ensure project information including status, financials, tasks/milestones and maintained in the project management tool.
- Stay abreast of current, new, and emerging technologies across a broad spectrum including but not limited to mobility, SAP, IOT, 3D printing, robotics, Data-n-Analytics
- Connect with internal J&J innovation initiatives and leaders to understand current and future adoption of new technologies.
- Share these technologies with peers and business partners
- Identify potential opportunities to leverage these technologies to improve operations and business processes.
- Champion the adoption of these technologies to support our business partners.
- Ensure proactive monitoring and adherence to all compliance requirements including but not limited to GxP, SOX, CAPA/NC, training, and safety.
- Technology strategist who spans multiple technology solutions
- Defines technology strategy for business partners at LMD
- Manage business expectations and keep business aligned to business requirements
- Maximizes ROI by identifying and prioritizing the product features by business value
- Investment manager
- Defines priorities for business and associated technology investments
- Accountable for all aspects of delivery
- Accountable for operational IT expense
- Single point of service delivery for select LMDW (Lab, Manufacturing, Distribution, Warehouse) site related apps and infrastructure
- Liaison with AS/IS to bring in required resources
- Strategic partner to LMDW site BU
- Process leadership
- Deep knowledge of LMDW processes and their IT needs
- Able to identify and enable technology related process improvements
- Apply principles, concepts and practices of the Functional Competency Model for the Lead Level.
- Interface with suppliers to evaluate software, hardware, and/or services and make sound business recommendations
- Provide written and verbal communication such as status reports, progress reports and documentation to Information Management and business partners
- Participate in the business planning activities (budgets, project and resource planning) as needed
- Engage in projects, assignments, and activities as possible across the Ethicon/CSS LMDW IT team.
- Understand and adhere to all processes supporting our commitment to compliance
- Effectively manage daily tasks and multiple priorities
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior team members
- Provide input to performance evaluation and development planning for junior team member
- Participate in the interviewing process for new hire candidates as needed.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring and managing outside contractors as needed.
- Ensure SLA’s are met at assigned business partner community.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of 4 years functional SAP expertise: ECC (MM, Source, IMWM, QM, Make, SNC, and Master data)
- High level Supply Chain processes & systems knowledge
- Minimum of 4 years IT Business Relationship management experience
- Minimum of 4 years IT experience supporting Plan and/or Finance organizations
- Advanced degree a plus
- Experience managing the governance and change management processes is preferred
- 10% travel may be required
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)Job Function