SAP Architecture Group Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
The SAP Landscape Architect (Linux) will be responsible for the overall design and architecture of all current and future Linux based SAP system landscapes, including all ECC landscapes, as well as enabling the upcoming SAP S/4 landscapes. As respected key player of the global SAP Architecture Team, the SAP Landscape Architect (Linux) oversees and guides the design, technical architecture, deployment and support of the various Linux based SAP system landscapes at Microsoft. The SAP Landscape Architect (Linux) provides advisory recommendations on architecture, installation and support of all Linux based SAP software, supports ongoing project activities and delivers innovative solutions that will increase our operational agility and enable our continued growth. Expertise in deploying and operating the latest SAP technology, including but not limited to SAP NetWeaver, SAP HANA, SAP S/4, SLT and HANA Live is a prerequisite.
• Develop, recommends, prototypes practical solution and methodologies around SAP system installation, deployment and support, both in existing SAP NetWeaver landscapes and new SAP Hana based landscapes.
• Assist onboarding of new SAP software as well as migration of existing ones into Microsoft Azure cloud based operation.
• Work closely with the Functional Architect teams to understand and guide their diverse technical requirements within ECC and S/4 Hana Landscape, including sizing, availability, scalability and performance
• Provides Subject Matter Expertise on all technical aspects of SAP Software within the Linux ecosystem Spearhead standardization and cloud automation within the SAP Landscape
• Work closely with the various Product group to leverage Microsoft technologies within our internal eco-system
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
• 10+ years of SAP experience
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience in designing, deploying and supporting Linux based SAP solutions and landscape
• At least 5 years of experience with large technology engagements as an Architecture Lead or Technical Architect
• Ability to engage with customers and partners to understand their business needs and priorities, lead requirement gathering and analysis session, design documentation and modeling
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with Basis and development teams who will be responsible for landscape deployment and support
• Prior experience in deploying and architecting SAP Landscape with virtualization technology, such as SAP LVM and LAMA required
• Prior experience in deploying and architecting SAP Landscapes with High-Availability and Disaster Recovery landscapes
• Prior experience with technical SAP HANA landscape, including HANA DB, HANA Studio, SLT required.
Preferred, not required:
• SAP HANA certification.
Azure IaaS Skills:
• Deep architectural understanding of cloud based integration challenges and or architect certification on Azure or AWS
• Strong track record of developing reliable, available and scalable SAP architectures to customers.
• Prior experience within SAP SaaS application ecosystem (SuccessFactor, Concur, Ariba, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.