SAP Manufacturing Solution Architect
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a SAP Manufacturing Solution Architect
in Wilmington, DE or Gaithersburg, MD,IT
provides support and solutions globally, solves complex operational and business challenges, enables innovation and increases growth by bridging Information Technology and science with superior technical expertise.
SAP Manufacturing Solution Architect for a world leading Pharmaceutical company which operates in over 100 countries and is head quartered in the United Kingdom. The candidate is expected to be a part of a functional architecture team for a large SAP support and maintenance group, spanning several SAP landscapes across continents. The team is responsible for ensuring that all changes introduced into the applications it supports are: consistent with the target architecture; of high design quality; introduced in a timely, affordable and sustainable manner with the minimal acceptable risk to ongoing operations.
The candidate should possess broad functional knowledge in his/her domain and good technical knowledge in the Finance & Controlling modules within SAP ECC. The candidate should have proven expertise in configuring and supporting SAP landscapes. Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the business in the provision of sufficiently detailed, clear and realistic business requirements
- Work collaboratively with other Architects, internal AZ IT delivery center or partner staff to ensure that designs are truly end to end to end and that non-functional as well as functional requirements are considered in the design
- Work in close partnership with Business Release Management and with Project Management to ensure on-time and on-budget execution & delivery of application changes. Where the change is entirely an application change restricted to the process areas of the Application Engineer, then the Application Engineer will be expected to manage the change through its lifecycle - i.e. not all changes will have specialist Project Managers assigned to them with Architects fulfilling this, limited project management role.
- Take accountability for certain project deliverables, & where relevant assure the quality of relevant deliverables as produced by partners/internal delivery teams either as part of a workflow or by spot checks as appropriate
- Assure that requirements are realized by contribution to the test phase - the form of this contribution will vary according to the scale of project and change
- Work proactively in Sandbox environments so as to attain and maintain their mastery of the application, to evaluate new functionality as provided in new releases of the application and to prototype and demonstrate new and existing functionalities of the application
- In-depth functional understanding of their respective work stream.
- Good understanding of business processes in the life sciences / pharmaceutical domain.
- Ability to understand business requirements from business users, prepare functional specifications, identify configuration changes, assist technical teams (e.g. ABAP) in their work, perform system and integration testing
- Exposure is essential to highly customized SAP environments and working on interfaces with Non-SAP systems.
- Very good understanding of integration of SAP modules in End to end business processes
- Understanding of ITIL processes and Application life cycle management.
- Understanding of GXP and SOX requirements and working experience in a validated environment.
- Ability to work in large and diverse teams.
- Exposure to Run SAP (Solution Manager) methodologies.
- Experience of various Estimation Techniques will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Experience working in a globally distributed team
QM (Quality Management) is the primary skill required. MM (Materials Management), PP/PI (Production Planning / Process Industries) and WM (Warehouse Management) are also desired and are a plus. Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca