Panasonic Corporation is working with Tesla Motors, Inc. to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules for solar panels at Tesla’s Solar City factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role will be to manufacture and supply PV cells and modules with unique heterojunction photovoltaic cells, combining a crystalline silicon wafer with an amorphous silicon layer. Products will feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics.
The collaboration will make optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
The factory’s production began in the summer of 2017. By expanding the scale of production capacity over time, Panasonic expects to reach production capacity of over 1 GW (GigaWatt) by 2019. Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment to Panasonic for products manufactured at the Solar City factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration as it staffs up for initial production and grow with it as operations get under way and expand.
Currently, PESSNY has an immediate opening available for a Shipping and Receiving Specialist.
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist is responsible for the flow and movement of materials and finished goods to and from the factory and offsite warehouse locations. The Shipping and Receiving Specialist must work quickly, productively and safely without error and consistently help meet production goals. In this position, working a non-standard work week is required.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Movement of materials and finished goods for all shipping and receiving activities
- Management of required shipping and receiving documentation, bills-of-lading, customs forms and other documentation as required
- Coordination of shipments and relationship management with strategic shipping vendors and freight forwarders
- Management of offsite warehouse logistics and material movement
- Unloading and visual inspection of all incoming materials
- Crating, packaging and loading of all outgoing finished goods
- Operation of material handling equipment (forklift, tow motor, etc.)
- Continuous improvement of delivery, quality, efficiency, shipping cost and safety
- Data control system management ensuring accurate material and product records
- Participation with production teams to resolve production and shipping issues What You’ll Bring:
- Associate’s degree (vocational, professional, or advanced) in the field of logistics, supply chain, industrial engineering or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience in warehouse maintenance, shipping and receiving, logistics planning, inventory management and crating preferred
- Hazardous material handling experience preferred
- Forklift experience required
- Above average Microsoft Excel skills required
- SAP experience strongly preferred
- A high level of communication and organization skills required
- Ability to physically lift heavy items required, up to 70 lbs.
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving best practices What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.