CHS has an exciting opportunity to join our Information Technology group. We are seeking a SAP Solution Architect to provide architectural, functional and technical guidance for the design, build, and test of content deployed on our core SAP Platforms and supporting environments. This role will work with internal and external resources to design our SAP environment and components needed to deliver a holistic solution to the business. This position will also provide technology leadership in the support of the overall IT strategy. You must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical terms. Must be able to present solutions to executive leadership and demonstrate strong financial analysis and project planning/management skills.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Develop and maintain the overall SAP solution architecture and standards.
- Review and challenge functional specifications for accuracy and completeness.
- Research, analyze, design, propose and deliver solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology strategies.
- Provide key consulting and advisory services to functional teams, development teams and operational teams to ensure that systems solutions are in line with the architecture direction and business strategies.
- Influence and guide external Service Integrator in solution design and delivery, providing guidance and review of architecture plans and designs to ensure methodology, best practices and standards are followed and to ensure overall quality of the solution.
- Mentor others on new technology or approach to standards based development in SAP systems.
- Determine code - configure vs. custom.
- Act as point of reference for determining the best practices in designing business process in SAP.
- Provide expertise in Business Process re-engineering, BPMN and Business Process Optimization.
- Maximize SAP investment.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12 plus years of professional SAP experience to include:
- At least 2 full life cycle implementations or complex integration projects in a SAP Solutions Architecture role with experience in configuration
- Working with business process owners to define, design and implement the new business processes based on the SAP Best Practices
- Experience in a new SAP implementation where many legacy systems are being retired and few retained
- Experience in full life cycle development of SAP solutions in a functional role
- Experience in translating functional specifications into technical specifications to identify and define integration points
- Solution architecture experience in SAP Finance and Controlling, Production Planning, Plant Maintenance, Quality Management, Procure to Pay(ARIBA) and Order to Cash
- Experience in Cross Application Business Process Modeling and integration with SAP and non-SAP solutions
- Experience in latest innovations in SAP UI technologies such as Fiori, Personas etc.
- Experience with Business Suite running on HANA
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Solution Architecture experience in SAP IS-OIL, ACM, CRM and Transportation modules
- Ability to provide guidance to SAP basis and security teams
- Experience with Architecture Modeling tools such as SAP PowerDesigner
- Experience with TOGAF and Business Architecture practice
- Experience or understanding of S/4 and SAP’s cloud solutions
- Extensive consulting experience with strong knowledge of SAP products
- Understanding of major SAP Platform components that will use or integrate with core infrastructure components such as load balancers, ADFS, etc.
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.