To support the transactional procurement process as a resource that provides high level of customer service to a site (or sites) in Biologics. The incumbent works with other buyers and planners across the network to bring about best practices and key changes to the overall procurement process. This position must comply with all Security guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations and the current Good Manufacturing Practices required by the job function.
1) Support and drive the weekly Biologics MRP purchases for Devens, MA and Syracuse, NY.
2) Support may include:
a. Verifies pricing, quantity, contractual terms and process orders whenever is required.
b. Supports sites in identifying issues and ensuring documentation for change orders.
c. Investigates, resolves & records problems such as invoice discrepancies, damages, over shipments etc. to ensure we can get better clarity for future negotiations and transactional efficiency.
d. Expedites essential deliveries working with internal customers and external suppliers.
e. Communicates changes in delivery, pricing etc. to end user or as required working with suppliers, supply chain (at both sites), for ensuring data accuracy in SAP and responsible for constant monitoring and governance.
f. Answers any client inquiries including order status, sourcing queries, SAP data (invoice or A/P)etc. to support supply chain and global categories.
g. Reviews purchase requisitions to ensure client’s buy is going through approved Global Procurement suppliers and ensures compliance.
h. Maintains all procurement related files and information (soft or hard copies) to ensure audit compliance and governance.
i. Places orders, keeps records and etc. following established Purchasing Department Policy and Procedure Manual guidelines.
j. Reviews all purchase requisition for both sites to ensure the justification statements are compliant to existing policies.
k. Provides administrative support as required to both sites when required.
l. Supports the process alignment and collaboration processes within the site manufacturing network working with category leads and external vendors.
m. Proactive review and Issuance of Expected Delivery Report for order confirmation receipt and follow up with suppliers on late deliveries
n. Quarterly review of GR/IR Report
o. Resolve Ariba issues with processing PO’s and invoicing
p. Address vendor inquiries for PO’s placed
q. Issues Tax Exempt Certificates
r. GDR Maintenance for TSE/BSE Certificates
s. SAP CMS Maintenance for direct/indirect vendor issues
t. Maintain Vendor SAP Master Data – Source Lists, Outline Agreements, Lead Time, Pricing
u. ASL Maintenance
v. Review Vendor Open Order Reports for changes; delivery date and/or quantity
w. Issue Debit Memo requests for direct material returns (RGA’s/RMA’s); ensure credit memo receipt posted in SAP
x. PPV PO Calculation
y. Vendor Master Maintenance Requests – New, Revisions, IC Validation
• Associate Degree in Secretarial/Office Administration Sciences, Business Administration, Information Systems or any related field.
• Extensive experience in SAP in a Manufacturing environment (GMP preferred)
• Experience in process and project management for process change and implementations related to SAP
• Two (2) to Four (4) years transactional processing experience
• Experience in processing routine and non-routine higher dollar transactions
• Knowledge in pricing discussions/negotiations with suppliers
• Strong customer service orientation experience and skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Advanced knowledge of PC applications (Windows, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Preferably able to communicate (written and orally) in both English and Spanish
• Capacity to work with high volume data entry,
• Excellent organizational skills,
• Ability to analyze requisitions for proper processing, and strong follow-up skills.
• Possess leadership skills
• Ability to influence and manage many groups and individuals.
• Strong communication skills.
• Close attention when is working with accurate data entry
• Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to balance priorities utilizing strong organizational skills.
• Able to work on data without supervision and without someone double-checking the effort to ensure accuracy and consistency.
• Responsible for data integrity and communication throughout the network
• Daily contact with Site customers, Site Purchasing, Suppliers - on a Global level - category team members as well as HQ management
*Locations: Devens, MA and Syracuse, NY
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.