MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ON TEKSYSTEMS W2
Top Three Skills:1. 5-8 + years SAS Base development experience and use of SAS macro functions to do complex joins and queries
2. 5-8 + year's experience using Macro functions in SQL to do complex joins and queries
3. Experience doing 60% development and 40% reporting with large and complex customer data sets across multiple platforms (i.e. SQL, Teradata, Unix)
4. Candidates must be able to tell the "story" of the data to the business.
5. This type of communication is critical. - Ideally wants mortgage experience but will take a qualified resource without mortgage
- Candidate will be doing both developing and troubleshooting for reporting relative to regulatory and loss mitigation projects.
- Will need to have critical thinking ability to find data sources and be able to work independently without supervision.
This position will apply data mining and statistical approaches to explore residential mortgage data, provide trend analyses, and develop models to help lines of business to mitigate risk and improve efficiency in business processes. Duties include:
* Analytical support to senior management on Mortgage Servicing initiatives.
* Develop MIS around home mortgage, home equity loans or lines, and create reports to assist business decisions.
* Build internal partnerships that facilitate sharing of analytics results across business lines. Partners include Finance, Risk Management, Marketing, Home Preservation, Home Equity, and Technology group.
* Present and explain key findings and recommendations to senior management.
* Apply proprietary or external Business Intelligence tools / models to evaluate loan portfolio performance.
* Measure benefits or risk exposure of competing activities, such as foreclosure vs. loan modification.
* 5+ years of experience in SAS Programming with SQL.
* Plus to have Teradata database experience.
* Ability to understand data that reports back to the business
* Proven track record working with large and complex databases, reporting tools, or equivalent financial software across various platforms (SQL, Teradata, and Unix)
* Proven communication skills including the ability to convey complex issues to senior managers in a simple and straight forward manner.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively under the pressure of competing deadlines.
* Attention to detail.
* Creative thinking in trouble shooting and resolving complex problems.
* Bachelor's degree in math, economics, statistics or similar concentration.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite of software
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.