About Spectrum Enterprise
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions extending to Managed IT solutions, including Application, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Hosting Services offered by its affiliate, Navisite. Our industry-leading team of experts work closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing these right-fit solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. For more information, visit enterprise.spectrum.com.
The Strategic Account Representative in Government and Education is a field sales role that is responsible for acquiring new, small to medium Government and Education customers. We do this by showing prospective clients how Spectrum Enterprise’s innovative business solutions will help satisfy their growing complex technology and communications needs.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Hunter Mentality with the ability to cultivate new logo fiber and coax opportunities
- Understands or has the ability to learn Government and Education procurement processes and navigate the sales process accordingly.
- Conducts proactive consultative needs analysis with new prospective customers, including the development of client centric product solutions.
- Responsible for achieving a monthly revenue quota in fiber and coax based telecommunication services, cloud and video sales.
- Designs, develops and presents sales proposals and presentations on product benefits
- Self-generates leads by contacting prospective clients by telephone, cold call premise visits, networking and industry events
- Qualifies new leads and requests site surveys to determine serviceability of prospects, including submission of ROI analysis to sales management
- Maintains Salesforce and to report sales activity and customer information
- Works with the Account Management team to ensure timely handoff of sold accounts for ongoing management and retention
- Works in conjunction with other business services support groups, including Sales Engineering, Sales Support and Marketing
- Attends all sales meetings and training sessions as required by management
- Perform other duties as requested by manager
- Preferred experience within the State/Local Government and/or Education vertical
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to travel (including during inclement weather) to and from assigned territories and company facilities using a reliable personal vehicle
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, as well as work efficiently and effectively within required deadlines
- The ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team environment
- Valid and active State driver’s license and safe driving record required
- Positive attitude, inner drive to push themselves.
- Coachable, yet has an entrepreneur spirit.
- Has the aptitude to learn the product suite and the “Charter way”
- Has the mentality that the base “pays the bills” and the commission earns your lifestyle.
- Cultural Fit – Industry knowledge, Attitude, Aptitude.
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong networking and negotiation skills
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred (Business-related field)
Related Work Experience
- Three to Five or more years of sales experience with a proven track record of exceeding revenue quotas, with two years of experience in selling data, voice, cloud and/or video solutions
- Minimum of three years of outside telecommunications related sales with a proven track record of successfully exceeding sales objectives
- Preferably selling data, voice and/or video solutions in the telecommunications business-to-business industry